Welcome Ruben Dias!

That £400M is for ten players including Dias, Cancelo, Laporte, Stones, Walker Ake........

In the interest of paraty the media should be reporting that the rags spent nearly £200M on two players (Pogba and Maguire) who are hardly contenders for player of the season.

The media are also goading the rags to spend over £100M for a 20 year old that cost Dortmund £10M last year.

Don't be fooled by this mock fury the media try to peddle over our spending. It's lightweight compared to some clubs.
Exactly.. even the most gormless, mathematically-challenged researchers working at a newspaper or in a newsroom could spot this a mile away and work out the numbers.. whereas the drink-addled, useless twunts they work for and who pass themselves off for football reporters these days haven’t got a clue..

Wonder how long the press will keep their calculators warm totting up our spend on defenders? It is starting to become laughable....I can see a day when one of Vinnies lads are lining up as centre half for us & them working out how much we’ve spent between father & son

welcome to Manchester city ruben, I like the win determination.

does he play Vs leeds ? Pep usually puts them in slowly. The international break gives him a chance to come in slowly.

we have Ruben / Ake / LaPorte / Stones. If that doesn't work its clearly the tactics and us losing the ball cheap.

hope we can stop the leaking left back situation, sticking a bucket there wont stop the flood for long !

Somebody may have answered this already but does he now have to self-isolate or can we expect to see him vs Leeds?

It's been really notable how quiet City are compared to some other teams we've played due to the no fans thing. Schmeichel was barking orders like a mad man for Leicester. City really don't seem to have any naturals at doing that at all at the moment. Dias is quite clearly that kind of person. We need it. Walker is vocal, but not a natural leader. Garcia and Ake don't strike me as Vinny's, more of a calm approach to the game. Same for Ferna and Rodri tbh. They're not aggressive gobshites, and you do need a bit of that. There is basically no one like that at the moment in our team.

Dias genuinely actually is. Perhaps it's a bigger need than we realise? Bernardo's form didn't notably drop for Portugal according to reports (someone correct me on that if you want) and I wonder if there's a correlation? I can't stand Ronaldo, but he's an absolute born winner. Dias has a big mentality too. I wonder if being around these kind of players gets Bernardo going? Playing alongside Kompany in the title run in and the big Liverpool game defo got him motivated, put it that way. He clearly has a bit of an edge, but I reckon it needs to be brought out by others around him. Can Dias bring a bit of that to us? We've lost that since Vinnie, and don't laugh, even Delph to be honest.

We need someone willing to go 'we were fucking shit, buck up your ideas' in the dressing room. Not do what Rodri did the other day and go 'wah Leicester defended' and moan about it. It could even help Pep to have someone with that spark there. Pep clearly is in a bit of a personal slump. A born winner/vocal presence could motivate him too? Now I know all that seems a big ask, but don't underestimate just how much of an effect having a proper captain type can have on a team in big games and in terms of focus. IF, and it's a big *if*, this goes well it could turn out to be a hugely important signing. We've signed captain material for once, not a steady composed player. Fingers crossed hey...
If we added another leader in the midfield we would be back on track very quickly.

fingers, toes and testicles crossed that this one works, we can't afford another mangala, stones or mendy fuck up, the wankers in the media would love it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.