Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain at every youth level at the club, absolutely a leader

Do you know how many players have captained at youth level and never been top drawer. I wish the lad all the best and have no ill will at all. But some of your comparisons to world class players at this stage of his career are laughable.

Last edited:
The way I see it is if you want him and then pay the money . We are not going to be bullied into selling a player for a lower price than our value . Fed up of these so called elite teams just thinking they hey can click there fingers and everyone falls in line .

To be fair - he isn't that good. And with 1 year left on his contract any 7 figure sum would be good business. He is a bang average defender that is better than most on the ball. I'd genuinely prefer to give Tosin a chance as he has the height and speed, you can learn the passing game - you cant learn an extra yard of pace.

Has anyone wondered whether FCBarca is actually Garcia himself? - has he ever posted whilst Garcia is actually at a game? - if he has then he is probably Garcia's Mum!
He's actually just a sad fan who has nothing to do with Barcelona and no real reason to latch onto them other than they were successful.
Now he feels its necessary to bang on about how special a club they are, how they do things differently and like many other Internet fans who live in a different country to the club they've no proper bond with, goes the extra mile to show us all what a top top fan he is.
Its all bollocks.

Don't buy into those saying he's no good after the Leicester game and now he wants off - I think every single player, including two more senior defenders, had mares on Sunday. Given his age - he will become a very decent player. Strikes me as intelligent young fella and any player who gets anywhere near our first team has ability. Like Angelino he will look better in a league where there are only 2 or 3 top teams and he gets a bit more space and time. We may even end up thinking why did we let him go? Sometimes it's all about timing and how you fit into a team and particular system.

I also get why he personally wants to return to Spain and Barca in particular. I suspect he will become an important player for them considering their inability to buy players from the top drawer at the moment. For us it's surely no good having him around the squad and best for all if we come to an agreement of say 14m euros with a sell on clause (insurance in case they bounce him to another Spanish club in a couple of years) We can then re-invest that on our biggest need right now - a decent left back. So thanks Eric, good luck and say nice things about us to your friends!

Has anyone wondered whether FCBarca is actually Garcia himself? - has he ever posted whilst Garcia is actually at a game? - if he has then he is probably Garcia's Mum!
If he did post whilst in a game it wouldn't surprise me. I swear it looked like he was on his playing candy crush vs. Leicester.

For first 45 min he's arguably the most impressive player for City and then a bad foul giving away a penalty (Something both Mendy & Walker were guilty of as well) against the run of play and suddenly that's his true colours

I'm happy to take him, I hope Txiki sees it as you and accepts a lower fee since 'he's not good enough for City' at 19

Eric will be gone soon but Mendy & Walker will still be there, that's what you really should be concerned about

The best City player in the first 45 was Ake - but even that’s clutching at straws. It was a shit performance for most of the game, and Garcia was as bad as anyone else in the first 45 - and alongside Mendy and Rodri, amongst our worst for the second 45. A key architect of our complete collapse.

As a senior player, we don’t really know what his ‘true colours’ are yet. What’s worrying me is, in a couple of big games recently, he’s shown a mental weakness I didn’t think was there before - Lyon being another key example. Despite the fact he’s too short, not strong enough and too slow to fit the mould of the modern CB, I felt there was definitely a player in there - and wanted us to keep him. His mentality, his calmness under pressure and his vision were the three things that stood out for me.

The first two seem to have evaporated - leaving us with a player who’s good at passing the ball, but not much else.

My concern is that, since he informed the club he wanted out, all sense of professionalism and application has gone. Which is disappointing, and doesn’t show the maturity beyond his years I felt was a key quality of his.

Frankly, I’ll be happy to see the back of him now - and have serious doubts you’re getting the strong character I felt you definitely were when Pep announced he was off.

No doubt he’ll try a lot harder at Barca - his club, after all - and he’s still a kid, so has a lot of improvement in him. But his head has gone - so he’s a liability for City at the moment.

Good luck to the kid - but making out it’s pure sour grapes for any City fan to say “you’re welcome to him” misses the deterioration in his performances and his professionalism since all this shit started.

The best City player in the first 45 was Ake - but even that’s clutching at straws. It was a shit performance for most of the game, and Garcia was as bad as anyone else in the first 45 - and alongside Mendy and Rodri, amongst our worst for the second 45. A key architect of our complete collapse.

As a senior player, we don’t really know what his ‘true colours’ are yet. What’s worrying me is, in a couple of big games recently, he’s shown a mental weakness I didn’t think was there before - Lyon being another key example. Despite the fact he’s too short, not strong enough and too slow to fit the mould of the modern CB, I felt there was definitely a player in there - and wanted us to keep him. His mentality, his calmness under pressure and his vision were the three things that stood out for me.

The first two seem to have evaporated - leaving us with a player who’s good at passing the ball, but not much else.

My concern is that, since he informed the club he wanted out, all sense of professionalism and application has gone. Which is disappointing, and doesn’t show the maturity beyond his years I felt was a key quality of his.

Frankly, I’ll be happy to see the back of him now - and have serious doubts you’re getting the strong character I felt you definitely were when Pep announced he was off.

No doubt he’ll try a lot harder at Barca - his club, after all - and he’s still a kid, so has a lot of improvement in him. But his head has gone - so he’s a liability for City at the moment.

Good luck to the kid - but making out it’s pure sour grapes for any City fan to say “you’re welcome to him” misses the deterioration in his performances and his professionalism since all this shit started.
if all that was the case why would Pep play him at all.

I know because we always seem to never have a list of 25 in the squad and given our poor injury record particularly under Pep we are short on numbers in fact 13 from the first team squad were available on Saturday if you include Steffen but Pep must still see something in him to make him start as opposed to be on the bench and not give him any game time as he has done to others this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.