#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked a lot 'looser' and more mobile, not up against the best opposition in the world but miles away from Sundays outing. Maybe hes heard of the new LB coming in and wants to raise his game.

He was injured when we signed him, didn't play the first few games. I know its easy to say with hindsight, but I can't believe this was overlooked, and we weren't looking at other targets.
There were a few people pointing it out at the time and they got attacked for it. I won't be surprised if a similar response greeted the scout that said "hold on a second, isn't he a weebit too injury prone for 50 million?"

It was Burnley. Can‘t wait for the next game for people to slander him again.

It is a team of game and like any player he will respond to better players around him. Total makeshift centre back pairing against Leicester compared to tonight.

Very good game with some crisp clever balls inside and good delivery. We've seen this before though, before the inevitable relapse, but we live in hope

Performance today reiterated my intuition that he'd make a great LWB still, even if he has lost a half-yard of pace.

At LB in a back 4 I think his positioning would need to improve to be effective defensively. Without the pace he needs to time everything much better than he is used to.

It was Burnley. Can‘t wait for the next game for people to slander him again.
If he plays like a donkey,then people will inevitably comment accordingly by calling him out.That isn't slander,no one is making stuff up......he has earnt his poor reputation by continually displaying below par performances,and supporters have every right,as long a its fair and justified,to criticise and highlight such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.