VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this
You go back to the spurs handball in the champions league the ref had two angles he was viewing on the var screen and let the goal stand
It was only then the other angle emerged showing the handball
The TV companies surely can hold or release these replays to change the outcome of any decision
Again yesterday's game i don't think it was handball but going off the interpretation of the rules this season and other decisions its got to be given

Its not a penalty, i completely agree but if its one for the Dippers or Rags and we are told why it is despite us not wanting it to be, why not for us?

Why is any contact in the box a penalty for others but for us, its not?

It seems yesterday the VAR had a bit of a day off. In other games, we have seen the ref go to the monitor and take a look at decisions,

The handball (I don't think it was one - but who knows with the new law) should have at least been looked at.

The foul on Sterling I think if the ref gives it, it would stay as there was nothing clear and obvious to overturn, I think refs are starting to not give on-field calls so VAR can look and make the decision for them.

The red card tackle is as clear as day. Check complete was said literally 5 seconds after the foul.. on the first replay even the commentators are saying its a red card. Isn't that what the monitor was used for last season? red cards or because it's so late in the game they don't wanna give it, seems to be a common excuse - 'it's too early / late for a red card' why does it matter the minute?

So much inconsistency, not just against City but across the league.

Its not a penalty, i completely agree but if its one for the Dippers or Rags and we are told why it is despite us not wanting it to be, why not for us?

Why is any contact in the box a penalty for others but for us, its not?
Go back to the Brighton game it was a clumsy challenge by pogba and the ref gave it
Now to overturn that decision they have to find a clear and obvious error which they somehow did
This is where this var is total bent. They can hide behind it knowing they can give soft penalties for teams knowing 99% of the time it won't be overturned and they can call it the correct decision. But then they dont give a penalty for the same foul in another game and 99% the decision stands

Compare and contrast to the Leicester game, and those 2 penalty shouts would have been given.

Oliver would have certainly awarded them, and VAR would have said 'not a clear and obvious error'.
No offence mate, you can't be serious! Not to City he wouldn't!!

Off the top of my head, and there are many more, Liverpool Carabao Final hack on Sergio, Alexander Arnold at Anfield, rags in the 3 - 2 at the Etihad for the "leg breaker" on Sergio.............i could go on.

HE does not give penalties TO CITY.

Now against us hmmmmmmmm.......................

Off the top of my head, and there are many more, Liverpool Carabao Final hack on Sergio, Alexander Arnold at Anfield, rags in the 3 - 2 at the Etihad for the "leg breaker" on Sergio.............i could go on.

Blame Atkinson for the Sergio incident in the derby. Oliver is still an utter **** though.

For me the on field ref should have no say what so ever over var
If he doesn't give the penalty the var should not be looking for a clear and obvious error.
Var should be looking at the incident on its own merits with no influence from any other official

This VAR nonsense needs to be binned ASAP!
It has ruined football and will inevitably drive people away.
All these lines nonsense they were using last season to rule out perfectly good goals over a big toe is pure bullshit!
It’s the same this season with the new handball rule, it’s really not that hard to determine a genuine handball to an accidental one!
It’s all designed to manipulate results imo.
At least with the odd bent Ref the game was still enjoyable !
“Who’s the Bastard in the black”

I meant against us, and in a heartbeat.

Agree it wasnt a penalty ( the handball ) but the problem I have is was a penalty last week. What gives them the right to change a understanding of a rule after 3 or 4 games.
It's as if the rules are changed every few weeks. So the rules change and City lose out. Fair ? To me City seem to have been on the wrong end of VAR for to long now for it to be a coincidence. That saddens me because the more it happens the more I think the game I grew up with has been taken away from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.