Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the athletic....

We’ve seen Manchester United lose 1-6 at Old Trafford during Ferguson’s era, of course. But that 2011 defeat to Manchester City was very different – three concessions in stoppage time, when United had been piling men forward in a desperate attempt to produce a typically unlikely comeback. The scoreboard said 1-6, but the performance was perhaps 1-3.

Hmmmm....anyone else remember the game as this?

News just in "Premier League to retrospectively rule out goals from deflections as it isn't fair on United & Liverpool"

From the athletic....

We’ve seen Manchester United lose 1-6 at Old Trafford during Ferguson’s era, of course. But that 2011 defeat to Manchester City was very different – three concessions in stoppage time, when United had been piling men forward in a desperate attempt to produce a typically unlikely comeback. The scoreboard said 1-6, but the performance was perhaps 1-3.

It isn't true but even if it was - the game is the game and the score is the score.

From the athletic....

Exactely as I remember it. Fergies home grown boys playing the Utd way for the love of the shirt.5-1 down trying desperately to score four goals in one minute.

Always remember 2-1 win that day would have meant at the end of the season out records would have been exactely the same. Points Gd goals for and against. Those extra goals in the 6-1 won us the league.

From the athletic....

The 2011 game was also different because they were then champions and title contenders managed by Ferguson back then.

This time around you have a shit United side managed by a shit manager in a weird season where United also had close to no preseason.

From the athletic....

What I remember was getting a phone call whilst being driven up the M1 by my ERO. As the game had just finished Mrs Ewing said to turn on the radio - I didn't listen to the commentary as I have a fear that if I watch or listen to a Rag game they will score - and ERO asked if I knew the score. I said that I had heard we were ahead at HT but I hadn't heard the score. YOU DON'T KNOW THE SCORE? No, I said. And then he started MANUre 1 - at which I interrupted and said "Oh, at least we got a draw'!

Nothing like the RDAHMeedya in 'revisionist' mode. An article next week probably will be telling us the the 1-6 and 7-2 yesterday were really 1-1 draws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.