Gout

I'm 34 and generally in very good fitness. Yet I've had flare ups with my left big toe a few times.

Most recent one was absolute agony. Couldn't sleep as I felt my big toe was going to explode and could feel the blood pulsing through it and creating a piercing pain, with every single beat.

Sorry to hear that and I sympathise as a sufferer. Had a 4 week bout earlier this year which is the worst yet for me. My dad recommends Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (With The Mother) and says he's had no attack in 3 years but I looked online and I think the medical jury is out on its benefits - could be just coincidence. Need to be careful not to take too much as well as it IS an acid, but I'm going to try it. Aldi sell a cheap version which looks identical at a much cheaper price (£2 for 1/2 litre vs £5.50 for Braggs at Holland & Barrett). Also bought some Cherry Nettle tea off Amazon which is okay but can't really taste the cherry. It's supposed to help.

Regarding footwear, the best standard trainers I found for width have been made by Gelert from Sports Direct and they're dirt cheap. Look shit though! I tried some New Balance trainers off a company because they make them in extra width fittings but £125 and worst of all they're New Balance.
Cheers for info, there are a lot of people who swear by cider vinegar but being someone who's had a long term history of acid reflux I am still a bit apprehensive to use it. Last year l weaned myself off long term Lansoprazole and things have improved steadily, so I'm reluctant to go down that avenue but haven't ruled it out.

Sorry to hear that and I sympathise as a sufferer. Had a 4 week bout earlier this year which is the worst yet for me. My dad recommends Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (With The Mother) and says he's had no attack in 3 years but I looked online and I think the medical jury is out on its benefits - could be just coincidence. Need to be careful not to take too much as well as it IS an acid, but I'm going to try it. Aldi sell a cheap version which looks identical at a much cheaper price (£2 for 1/2 litre vs £5.50 for Braggs at Holland & Barrett). Also bought some Cherry Nettle tea off Amazon which is okay but can't really taste the cherry. It's supposed to help.

Regarding footwear, the best standard trainers I found for width have been made by Gelert from Sports Direct and they're dirt cheap. Look shit though! I tried some New Balance trainers off a company because they make them in extra width fittings but £125 and worst of all they're New Balance.
Cider vinegar is superb stuff,i use the Aldi version and its no less effective than the much more expensive alternatives.I have a tspn in warm water on waking and before bed,it essentially helps rebalance your PH,even though its an acid.....once in the system it acts as an alkali.

Saying all that,in order to address Gout,you obviously need to look at the trigger(s) and your wider food/drink intake.There is no point taking any supplement if you aren't rectifying the root of the problem,usually an acid rich/inflammatory diet.

Cheers for info, there are a lot of people who swear by cider vinegar but being someone who's had a long term history of acid reflux I am still a bit apprehensive to use it. Last year l weaned myself off long term Lansoprazole and things have improved steadily, so I'm reluctant to go down that avenue but haven't ruled it out.
Yes there can always be side effects. What I would say is my dad suffers from a serious digestive issue and doesn't say it makes that worse when perhaps you would think it would. You'll know best and I sympathise with acid reflux because my wife has that issue.

Cider vinegar is superb stuff,i use the Aldi version and its no less effective than the much more expensive alternatives.I have a tspn in warm water on waking and before bed,it essentially helps rebalance your PH,even though its an acid.....once in the system it acts as an alkali.

Saying all that,in order to address Gout,you obviously need to look at the trigger(s) and your wider food/drink intake.There is no point taking any supplement if you aren't rectifying the root of the problem,usually an acid rich/inflammatory diet.
I think my latest flare up was caused by my late night snacking and yes I had got lazy not drinking enough water through the day.

And just for clarity for anyone else if unaware, the Apple Cider Vinegar has to be "WITH THE MOTHER".

1543446-01.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.