Return of Supporters

Is that correct? I always understood ticket revenue now was low in comparison to television and sponsorship. Seasoncards are not affordable to average working class people in the North West.

Even as a single man with a reasonable job, I was struggling to afford it.

I think the DD scheme helps with that. A lot of our ST holders will be paying less too due to age and discount for over 65’s. The numbers we get suggest they are affordable but I agree that it may be a struggle for some and that some people will have been priced out over the years.

Is that correct? I always understood ticket revenue now was low in comparison to television and sponsorship. Seasoncards are not affordable to average working class people in the North West.

Even as a single man with a reasonable job, I was struggling to afford it.
Put it this way, even at today's prices a £700 season ticket holder for 40 years has paid in just £28000. Aside from programmes and pies etc. That's not enough to cover an annual salary of a coach nor the day's wage for a player.

Here's the rundown about matchday income.

I think the DD scheme helps with that. A lot of our ST holders will be paying less too due to age and discount for over 65’s. The numbers we get suggest they are affordable but I agree that it may be a struggle for some and that some people will have been priced out over the years.

I for one was priced out long ago.

There is one way to make a season ticket more affordable. The way to do it and make more affordable. Take the cost of last season's season holders and divide it by 12. This will give you a monthly total. Now see if you can afford to put that amount away in a bank account. If you can then do this.

I have been doing this for over 15yrs. There years ago I stop doing this because I have enough for the next two seasons. Just try it, even if you can only put about £20 a month that still helps a little way to the cost of the ticket.

There is one way to make a season ticket more affordable. The way to do it and make more affordable. Take the cost of last season's season holders and divide it by 12. This will give you a monthly total. Now see if you can afford to put that amount away in a bank account. If you can then do this.

I have been doing this for over 15yrs. There years ago I stop doing this because I have enough for the next two seasons. Just try it, even if you can only put about £20 a month that still helps a little way to the cost of the ticket.
That is genius. Ever thought of writing into Viz for their Top Tips section?

Top flight football is not affordable anymore. Stop making excuses for the club. Remember when Arsenal away was £62? I lived in London and refused to pay it despite having no travel costs.

Covid has changed the landscape. Financial stability within football is needed. The pendulum has swung too far concerning player salaries. Maybe 1 good thing that could come out of this pandemic is a redress. Get the wages down will hugely help with FFP. I can see the logic in the salary cap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.