Contacting ISP during Covid

mosssideblue

For over a week now my broadband and phone have been dropping off at least six times daily.

I'm currently been supplied by Sky who, up until now, have provided a really decent service.

I appreciate that with Covid restrictions, their customer service provision will have had some impact, but not to the point, there is absolutely no one answering a call.
Its all automated, forcing you down the route of using online diagnostics which, when they don't work for my intermittent fault, finally gives you a number to call.

When you dial the number, an automated voice tells you that 90% of faults can be solved online. It then says you are being sent a SMS with a link to the online diagnostics, then it friggin hangs up

Must have tried at least 4 or 5 different contact numbers, all end up the same way.

Has anyone
a) successfully contacted their ISP during the pandemic

b) manage to actually speak to someone at Sky and, if so, what number did you use.,

I think all ISP's (and UK broadband infrastructure) have been exposed by the demand during covid .At the peak of lockdown I gave up on streaming at peak times and still get a few go-slow or drop outs a day now. I'm with talktalk though and get super cheap broadband, phone and tv based upon their always wank customer service, so have not experienced any deterioration in that respect.
Personally I'd like to see HS2 cancelled and decent national broadband infrastructure instead - different thread.

For over a week now my broadband and phone have been dropping off at least six times daily.

I'm currently been supplied by Sky who, up until now, have provided a really decent service.

I appreciate that with Covid restrictions, their customer service provision will have had some impact, but not to the point, there is absolutely no one answering a call.
Its all automated, forcing you down the route of using online diagnostics which, when they don't work for my intermittent fault, finally gives you a number to call.

When you dial the number, an automated voice tells you that 90% of faults can be solved online. It then says you are being sent a SMS with a link to the online diagnostics, then it friggin hangs up

Must have tried at least 4 or 5 different contact numbers, all end up the same way.

Has anyone
a) successfully contacted their ISP during the pandemic

b) manage to actually speak to someone at Sky and, if so, what number did you use.

They're totally taking the piss and using COVID as an excuse to run with skeleton staff. Ring their cancellation line and tell them you want to cancel your contract. Even if you can't cancel you'll at least get a human on the other side and maybe they'll be able to direct you to the right place for some proper support.

We're on the same ISP as @Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese and I can't fault them. We're on the basic fibre package and I haven't noticed any difference in speed at all.

They're totally taking the piss and using COVID as an excuse to run with skeleton staff. Ring their cancellation line and tell them you want to cancel your contract. Even if you can't cancel you'll at least get a human on the other side and maybe they'll be able to direct you to the right place for some proper support.

We're on the same ISP as @Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese and I can't fault them. We're on the basic fibre package and I haven't noticed any difference in speed at all.
We pay for the extra fast version. It's the same speed but they get more of our money :-)

Thanks. I am on a mission to actually find a way past their ridiculous automated system this weekend and get to speak to someone. Fingers crossed

Spoke to sky last night and this morning, short wait but service was good but both not UK nationals which was the only issue.
There is a direct number to the broadband dept, just answer no to the question " did this help" then it offers " do you want to contact us". There was a number at the bottom of the page.
Strange that today my broadband is working well again after being so-so all week.
All the best with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.