Gout

Just over my last bout. Has moved from my toe to my knee now which whilst still hurting like a motherfucker, nowhere near as bad. Normally comes every 6/8 months, lasts about 5 days and is gone.
I thought about giving up all the things I enjoy but have decided it’s the price I’m going to have to pay to continue.
I’m ok with the trade off tbh.
See your doctor, I'm now on Allopurinol, one pill a day. Had a couple of attacks early on when taking it, but nothing for around a year now, I think.

I suffered for about 10 years with it. Visited my doctor 5 or 6 times who wouldnt commit to it being gout. He sent me for xrays and claimed it was a tendon strain. After one particularly bad bout I went to A&E. The triage nurse at stepping hill sent me down the road to the walk-in centre. On hobbling into the doctors room he exclaimed 'here's a man with gout' He arranged for me to go on allopurinol, and after the initial bout you get after starting Allopurinol, I'm nearly 3 years clear. Some of the foods mentioned on here like shellfish apples and tomatoes were triggers for me but mushrooms! Seemed to be my catalyst

Read the reviews if you suffer with gout. I find that it is easier to take a tablet once a day than drink gallons of cherry juice.

If you have gout then don’t mess about and just try this.. been mentioned on numerous posts but montmorency cherries help.

Allopurinol is the answer, resisted them for year's until I got fed up of hobbling around a few times a year, went on a jolly to Antwerp and all weekend in my room.
Started on 1 a day then 2 for a spell but back on just the one again.
Went through all the triggers mentioned and still had gout after giving those a wide birth.
Now I can eat without thinking if it will trigger an episode and haven't had an attack in must be four or five years.
The thing that stopped me going on allopurinol was thinking I was too young ( early fifties) to take a tablet every day until a workmate said he went on them at nineteen and got on with his life.

Well I’m just starting my 4th bout since lockdown!

These last 3 time have been quite odd tho. Taking a week or so to build up then lasting 4/5 weeks but with not as bad pain as before. Still bad throbbing and hobbling around mind you but can at least manage to put a sock and slippers on.

Anyone else had it like this? Used to be pretty quick onset and last a few days.

Well I’m just starting my 4th bout since lockdown!

These last 3 time have been quite odd tho. Taking a week or so to build up then lasting 4/5 weeks but with not as bad pain as before. Still bad throbbing and hobbling around mind you but can at least manage to put a sock and slippers on.

Anyone else had it like this? Used to be pretty quick onset and last a few days.
Same. that's weird, usually comes and goes in week, this time not had it as bad but lasting about a month, had to get some neproxen from docs. Still sore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.