United and Liverpool EFL project - proposal rejected

What is this special status? does it mean they cannot be relegated and always have to finish in the top ten irrespective of results? Anything these two do I would vote against, because they are the most likely to benefit, especially from money given American owners. Wiki has us down as 9th longest serving together with Fulham and Southampton. Scum and scouse scum.
The special status is about such matters as rule changes etc.
BUT this should be resisted at all costs. In a league all clubs should have an equal say.
One of the proposals is that the clubs with special status would be able to veto proposed new owners. Just another way for rags and dippers to keep opposition to a minimum.
City should NOT be supporting this carve up.

This will be unpopular, but the majority of the proposals seem like good changes depending on the fine print, especially reducing the league to 18 and eliminating the league cup. There's also no doubt in my mind that our ownership would be broadly in favor with just about all of it.
Of course they do. They're engaged in a power grab and the bait is all of the other policies.

Surprise, surprise, the big clubs' solution to the current crisis just happens to be the one that matches what they've always wanted to do anyway.

This will be unpopular, but the majority of the proposals seem like good changes depending on the fine print, especially reducing the league to 18 and eliminating the league cup. There's also no doubt in my mind that our ownership would be broadly in favor with just about all of it.
Why do you want the league cup scrapped? Such a fun competition especially around Christmas with the two legged semis. Also, reducing the league to 18 teams just means less league games and more pointless friendlies in China and the States.

The special status is about such matters as rule changes etc.
It's very unclear, but it seems to suggest that it would mean that you'd need 6 out of 9 to vote on something for it to be passed. I don't know if the rest of the league get a say at all. But how long before 6 out of 9 decide that actually, we'd prefer more of the TV revenue, and we're the only ones that get a vote?

Liverpool and utd are both reaching breaking point with their finances and under current conditions it’s not beyond the realms of possibility they will be in serious trouble over the next couple of years.
They both know that something needs doing drastically, and quickly, in order to keep the wolf from the door. Thats why I’m against anything they suggest, because without doubt it comes from a place which is looking to benefit themselves.
I’d much prefer to let things continue as they are and with a bit of luck see both of their demise.
Wishful thinking but fuck it, you’ve got to have some dreams in these dark times..

Why do you want the league cup scrapped? Such a fun competition especially around Christmas with the two legged semis. Also, reducing the league to 18 teams just means less league games and more pointless friendlies in China and the States.
Academy players would also get even less chances to get taste of first team football.

League Cup is superb competition.

I like the final sentence on the BBC website:

There is no mention of Aston Villa and Newcastle United, both of whom have featured in more Premier League campaigns than Manchester City.

hopefully most fans will see the ‘diversionary tactics’ of Middle East ownership and the inherent evils it brings for what it is.

we all know the real threat is these American owned clubs who are clearly not content to own a club, they want to own the league and all that entails...negotiating bigger share of TV rights for their teams, deciding who wins the league each season, who gets promoted and who relegated...etc etc.

its the FA and PL’ s fault. Poorly qualified leadership with no idea of business.

the modern game is dominated by owners who know fuck all about it but who are accomplished business people and shit all over the ‘old men’ running English football.

sad day fellow blues.

Why do you want the league cup scrapped? Such a fun competition especially around Christmas with the legged semis. Also reducing the league to 18 teams would means less league games and more pointless friendliness in China and the states.
I'd reverse the question and ask why exactly we need two domestic cup competitions in contrast to the other top leagues? The FA Cup is better than the Carabao in basically every way, fewer and fewer teams take it seriously, and it would allow for an actual winter break and reduce fixture congestion. Literally the only reason for it is revenue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.