COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be both you know, this group blaming is not very productive. People need to remember arseholes grow old too.

This is not aimed at you specifically just everyone who seems to be blaming the young or old. Not sure why the middle aged are getting away with it.
I don't blame anyone but I feel high risk people should shield best there can

I think opening uni was s big mistake, the pubs I been in have marshalled the rules well

The crossfit gym I goto is really safe been apart , the gym my partner goes to super safe loads of cleaning going on

But we are not been told where people are catching it

It's not the young ones though, I work all over and trust me its the elderly who are out the most no masks etc

My parents in the 70's, my in laws very high risk with issues , my in law parents in the 90's my brother in law parents 90's

All going out the same

it’s not all young one, and it’s not a common situation. Nearly everyone in the UK has had freedom all their lives, to expect every single person so suddenly accept being told where to go, what to do and when to do it is frankly deluded

She cited evidence of 180 cases tracked to coach trips organised to Blackpool for those wanting to get around the bar closures.

I used to work in Blackpool. There were many visitors from Scotland in illuminations season even pre Covid. It is a popular weekend destination from up there so I do not find it strange that some would have used the access to get around the inability to watch football in local pubs. Which is what she was saying.

Some on here have already pointed out people from Liverpool will be coming here to watch the derby if pubs are still open here.

Just as I have long pointed out cases in Wigan were driven off a cliff by the lack of lockdown there - exempted from GM restrictions for having low numbers- when the rest of GM was shut off.

This is why I favour a national two week closure not regional ones.

Far too easy to just get to somewhere not in your town;s lockdown. And we all know those who want to will.
Didn't there used to be a Scots Week in Blackpool? Remember it being referred to when I was a kid

1602693190773.png
Here's an interesting stat that should help inform the discussion.

The percentage of infected people that have died is decreasing daily and is at its lowest level ever. This is back to my earlier posts about increased testing and the percentage of people tested that show positive.

I would also like to seriously challenge all the deaths that are being attributed to Coronavirus being the cause. It would be really helpful if we saw corresponding figures from 12 and 24 months ago.... just to inform the debate further.

i think the point stands they are not necessarily on ventilation but clearly they are either on it, at risk of needing it, or the beds situation demands things are being swapped and chopped about. Hardly good and splitting hairs really.
Well he got the other point very wrong, sadly

Really frustrates me seeing the same people who advocate for lockdowns are people employed by the state so they won't lose their jobs or multi-millionaires who won't be affected financially.

The government have to weigh the pros and cons to a lock down.

Just my opinion of course but I think a lock down is a far worse prospect than no lockdown at all.

I am talking about peoples mental health and of course businesses who won't be able to ever recover.
I work for the state and I know my job is probably safe whatever happens re lockdowns. However, I've been against another one right from the off because the people I deal with are the ones that lose their jobs in any economic downturn and having worked for the same department through other recessions I know the terrible impact it can have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.