Holiday advice

When I landed in Thessaloniki on Wednesday, they were checking everyone's QR codes there (I had 7xxxxx so got tested, thankfully not the test up your conk)

Very nice few days in Halkidiki, made all the sweeter by not having to return home Friday even though we were prepared for that eventuality.

Weather was fantastic during the day, plenty of food and drink consumed, a very chilled out 5 nights doing nothing more than camping on a sunbed.

Landed back into Manchester earlier in rain and grey skies, back down to earth in more ways than one.

Halk 2.jpgHalk 1.jpg

When I landed in Thessaloniki on Wednesday, they were checking everyone's QR codes there (I had 7xxxxx so got tested, thankfully not the test up your conk)

Very nice few days in Halkidiki, made all the sweeter by not having to return home Friday even though we were prepared for that eventuality.

Weather was fantastic during the day, plenty of food and drink consumed, a very chilled out 5 nights doing nothing more than camping on a sunbed.

Landed back into Manchester earlier in rain and grey skies, back down to earth in more ways than one.

View attachment 3753View attachment 3752
I recognise that place!

Italy added to the list this week. Crete taken off it. Toying with Cyprus next week but might hold off until next weeks announcement.

Interestingly they have changed the must quarantine day to the sunday at 4am from the saturday.

Last edited:
I recognise that place!

Italy added to the list this week. Crete taken off it. Toying with Cyprus next week but might hold off until next weeks announcement.

Interestingly they have changed the must quarantine day to the sunday at 4am from the saturday.

Really enjoyed it there, was perfect for a fly and flop. Shame they don't have at least one heated pool but loved not having to lift a finger to get a drink all day.

It's all very arbitrary but I did think it was unfair to announce at 5pm Thursday (which is 6/7pm in Europe) and have people clamber for flights to beat the 4am Saturday deadline, only really giving people Friday to try and get back if they wanted to.

Does it really matter if someone arrives back at 4am Saturday or 4am Monday?

Cyprus cases are rising pretty quickly despite their fairly rigid entry requirements (though still way below our levels)

Really enjoyed it there, was perfect for a fly and flop. Shame they don't have at least one heated pool but loved not having to lift a finger to get a drink all day.

It's all very arbitrary but I did think it was unfair to announce at 5pm Thursday (which is 6/7pm in Europe) and have people clamber for flights to beat the 4am Saturday deadline, only really giving people Friday to try and get back if they wanted to.

Cyprus cases are rising pretty quickly despite their fairly rigid entry requirements (though still way below our levels)
They have a sister hotel down the road which is adult only and has a heated pool, shame that was closed. Yes the sunbed service was a bonus. We managed to eat in the ala carte restaurants 5 out of the 6 nights so found the food to be really good too.

I think I'm going to wait on Cyprus until next week's announcement, we are looking at Saturday to Saturday so should be fine if it avoids the list next Thursday.

Does it not defeat the point of the quarantine if we give people time to come home? To be honest I don't know why it doesn't come into place immediately

Does it not defeat the point of the quarantine if we give people time to come home? To be honest I don't know why it doesn't come into place immediately
Shouldn't have to quarantine at all if you live in an area with a higher rate than you have come back from in my opinion.

Shouldn't have to quarantine at all if you live in an area with a higher rate than you have come back from in my opinion.
I fail to see the logic in this also. Fly out to tenerife on Tuesday for week and have to quarantine for 2 weeks on return. Feel much safer going out there than I will travelling in the uk.

As people have said, generally you're returning from a place that is much safer than the UK.

When they removed those Greek Islands back in September, most of them had single digit cases a day. Mykonos hadn't recorded a case in the days before the decision, yet it was deemed as a threat to UK public health to be there.

I think it's more introduced as a deterrent to stop people travelling there in the near future, hence giving people a (small) window to get back.

I'm sure if a country suddenly had a crazy outbreak then the Gov would insist on an immediate quarantine for anyone returning, but most countries have this under much better control than we do.

As people have said, generally you're returning from a place that is much safer than the UK.

When they removed those Greek Islands back in September, most of them had single digit cases a day. Mykonos hadn't recorded a case in the days before the decision, yet it was deemed as a threat to UK public health to be there.

I think it's more introduced as a deterrent to stop people travelling there in the near future, hence giving people a (small) window to get back.

I'm sure if a country suddenly had a crazy outbreak then the Gov would insist on an immediate quarantine for anyone returning, but most countries have this under much better control than we do.
I agree with you on that, I came back from the Algarve when it was seeing about 10cases per 100k to Oldham that was about 200 per 100k. Was I shielding to protect other people or was I protecting myself for those two weeks!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.