COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone any idea when the tier3 Lancashire lockdown will start as supposed to be going to ribby hall this weekend, might not bother if I can't have a few pints watching the City game

It really is very simple.

If people stopped being inconsiderate selfish twats this virus would be kept in check.

What the fuck has happened to personal responsibility?
Without meaningfull punishment at school, a good proportion of our yoof don't develop a sense of social responsibility till they reach their mid 20s. There was a brilliant post on here yesterday that described the evolutionary drivers on social interactions that mean you start as a risk taker to obtain a mate then morph into a protector as you grow older to protect your children - the means by which your DNA is passed to future generations.

I'm not defending the government's every action - far from it. It's just there seems to be an ever increasing political agenda on this thread, critical of the government no matter what it does. This was a prime example. From a very poor base, we've ramped up testing better than any other country, and yet the post to which I replied simply wanted to criticise. Even your comment above seems to be through gritted teeth. We have very similar populations to France, Germany and Italy and now have more testing capacity than any of them. In this respect, a "well done" is in order, not a criticism.

Not intended through gritted teeth at all, merely that it's a very flawed way to do what is a useful comparison.

Here's the data as a proportion of the population. If you regard the data as a simple league table (I don't have the insight to know if this is sensible) then we're second, behind Denmark, close to France

And here as test positivity. Presented as log scale otherwise Denmark's performance hides everyone else's (tells a story in itself that).

Now we're close to the bottom even with all that capacity.

the risk to children from this virus is tiny. but adults who refuse the vaccine should be made to sign a form declaring they have sufficient health care insurance should they get covid. I dont see why i as a tax payer should be paying for healthcare for someone who could have avoided catching this virus just because they hadsome way out views and didnt want the vaccine. So not compulsory but you pay for your helthcare if you catch it. Might make people a little less selfish.
Give over. A vaccine that has been rushed to the table and not tested as much as normal and you want to punish people for not taking it - really?

What is selfish is expecting people to simply accept an injection without full qualification

It's now absolutely clear that a 2 to 3 week circuit breaker won't work.
In effect, Scotland has had one for over a week now and all it has done is halve the rate of increase.
Its obvious as to why. A significant proportion (30% or so) of the yoof population couldn't give a schidt and aren't doing the hands, face, space thing.

It's now absolutely clear that a 2 to 3 week circuit breaker won't work.
In effect, Scotland has had one for over a week now and all it has done is halve the rate of increase.
Its obvious as to why. A significant proportion (30% or so) of the yoof population couldn't give a schidt.

That doesn't make any sense, we already know it takes 2-3 weeks in a full on lockdown like we had in March to see the effects.

In the first week you expect infections to keep going up because of the incubation time and people infecting the people they're at home with.

The fact new infections has halved is very good news and a sign that in another 10 days to 2 weeks the circuit breaker will have had a massive effect on number of hospitalizations.

Looks they’ve got a better deal than Liverpool. And gyms can stay open

Gyms and leisure centers could in Liverpool when you read the detail, that was left to the local authority to decide and their decided to close them. Absolutely shocking decision and I can see why gyms in Liverpool are going mad.

That doesn't make any sense, we already know it takes 2-3 weeks in a full on lockdown like we had in March to see the effects.

In the first week you expect infections to keep going up because of the incubation time and people infecting the people they're at home with.
Back in March/April new cases flattened then slowly cane down. This time its not even flattened and that's with face masks that eliminate 70% of transmission in shops and enclosed spaces. R is still around 1.4
We're fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.