COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may be, but they are going up, and my point was that that should be the trigger, not deaths, and it should have been everywhere. It seems the government only reacted when deaths started climbing, and they were telling everyone to get back to work when hospitalisations had begun to rise again.
Regional scoreboard seems reasonable news as most places are down.

London 1394 - down from 1843

Midlands 1696 - up from 1240

North East 1178 - down from 1333

Yorkshire 1755 - down from 2515 biggest % fall of day.

And North West 3324 - down from 4252 - lowest NW numbers in a week.

Is it time to try another approach? Let a reasonably sized city or town open up fully, no restrictions. Advise the vulnerable to shield and go for it. Let's see what happens, this weird raft of stop start restrictions aren't really achieving nothing but suspicion and resentment.
Erm, no

Which city should we choose for this experiment? Good luck to all the guinea pigs there. We can all watch on whilst their hospitals get overrun and bodies pile up outside. Laughable
.....or not. I'm suggesting Liverpool, they want to rebel I'm sure they'll be amenable.

I wouldn't have my MP Graham Brady down as one, but he's not chairman of the 1922 committee for nothing...

He knows he needs to keep his locals onside, certainly in Alty, with a high-net worth, scores of major business owners, etc.
I wouldn't have my MP Graham Brady down as one, but he's not chairman of the 1922 committee for nothing...

He knows he needs to keep his locals onside, certainly in Alty, with a high-net worth, scores of major business owners, etc.

Pay Greater Manchester the money for businesses to survive and I’m sure we’d go into tier 3 and accept it. Downing Street won’t, what part are they trying to do save vulnerable people from dying or stop the wider economy from tanking. They’ve achieved neither and are once again on the back foot when they’ve had the summer to prepare for this.

I don't know if to laugh or cry when Johnson is coming out with corkers like ‘he’s just trying to save lives’ as far as Manchester is concerned. What’s he been doing since March? His negligence and dithering has killed a lot more people than it should have.

You could convert an old army base into a temporary 'new town' - Loopyville or whatever you want to call it. Invite people to go live there free bed and board and free rein to just live and mix as much as they like. Let them sign a disclaimer for if they catch Covid and need to be taken out or to hospital but test them daily and study their movements with CCTV and aps. Give them all the facilities and a pub, sports fields, gym and a theatre etc etc to do what they choose.

Then see what happens.

At least then it is voluntary if they all get sick. And instructive to what really does drive infections.

Not being serious of course but it would be a very interesting experiment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.