#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why Pep is so desperate to get him into the team - even out of position - for his work rate alone. But I really do feel we are not getting the best out of him playing him there. Barely gets a kick of the ball to influence things. But it was his shot that led to our goal.

I can see why Pep is so desperate to get him into the team - even out of position - for his work rate alone. But I really do feel we are not getting the best out of him playing him there. Barely gets a kick of the ball to influence things. But it was his shot that led to our goal.

I’d try him in the middle with Bernie. They’d help with pressing. Torres on the left with Raz on the right.

he can play false 9
Right wing

both am positions
Maybe even dm

why pep plays him on the left wing ?

i hope that’s for learning / teaching purposes, so that he learns to work harder and improve defensively

otherwise it makes no sense

He’s not a winger. He’s shown how good he is in the middle. Out wide he barely gets passed to

still influenced the game and was a part of another goal.

why pep plays him on the left wing ?

i hope that’s for learning / teaching purposes, so that he learns to work harder and improve defensively
Exactly why he was there today until Sergio went off, he was there for his defensive duties in front of Ake, and he covered quite a few times.

His work rate today was excellent, we all know he is better as an attacking threat, and he still showed it a few times today, but with the weird formation he did the job asked.

Also a great learning experience against a very good side.

Very early days but could be a potential sufferer of his own versatility like Bernardo was last season. As I said about him in his thread, it’s very difficult to play well consistently when you have a new role every week. Needs to be playing in less positions and first to drop should be left wing, he’s too ineffective there, does what is asked of him hugs the line shows for it and works hard but it’s not where his talents are best utilised, he can get involved more coming in off the right making that more viable but it’s far easier to get in our side on the left giving our lack of Sane replacement. If kdb needs more recovery time I’d like to see him and Bernardo central, the energy from both of them buzzing around could see a much more energetic and creative performance.

Him and Torres looked good together. Apart from their obvious technical ability they can both run and seem to want to run forward

More of the same, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.