Arsenal (H) Post match thread

It was a game where I thought we could easily slip up and would have taken a 1-0 before the game. I think Arteta has done a great job at Arsenal and he is going to push them into the top 4 this year.

I don't know if it's because there's no crowd there, but all the games just feel like training games. I did wonder if Pep is asking them to "just do enough" given the games we've got coming up? Overall it felt a good solid job well done.

Great to see Bernardo where he should be, in midfield and I feel when he plays he is one who gives us so much more energy. Aguero being back is a massive boost as well.

I thought Dias and Ake were superb overall. Ake has rally impressed me and he doesn't look out of place at all with the other players we have. Dias also looks like he's been here for a season and together they were superb against a very dangerous Arsenal attack.

Cancelo is a strange player. We bought him as a right back but I can't see him as a right back - he's just not good enough at defending for me but he looks good going forward. He's never going to be picked over Walker. In the first half there were times where he seemed to give up when he lost the ball.

I just hope we can use this result, and the clean sheet, to kick on now. I do think a few 1-0 wins will do us a HUGE confidence boost and start to show other teams we can stop them scoring against us.

The football is still pretty disjointed but we needed the win at all costs today so ill take the 1-0.

Good - Bernardo
Poor - Sterling losing the ball, several times
Bad - Not getting a penalty for the block on Bernardo

Last edited:
Players behind our forwards working their socks off cos not enough sticking/happening with our forwards. God I hope we start smashing teams again, or have I just been spoilt?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.