#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t matter how much I try to like the bloke, there is something I can’t put my finger on with him..

I just don’t like the twigged leg (twat) despite that, he had one of his more productive games yesterday!

Last edited:
Great first touch but the stupid cutting in to take a shot with his left that generally rolls towards the keeper is infuriating, he never seems to see anyone at the back post waiting.

That his biggest fault..he falls into the trap of thinking he is THE star player like he was at Leicester, and believes he has to produce a worldie goal

Like you say he fails at times to spot the pass for the man who has created space for the cut back

Aguero did it yesterday, but Maher kept his head down with one thing in mind

He is very good player but I just can't take to him - he leaves me picking his faults more than his praises.

If he could focus on creating chances rather than wanting to always get on the score sheet - but I don't think that is his mindset

Lots of 'I just don't like him' comments.
He has an abundance of talent, exquisite touch and the ability to beat a man and score goals. By rights, he should be a player that is loved but, even though I defend him, I can understand how a player such as Mahrez never quite hits the right note with many fans. He is a player that doesn't 'look' like he will give his all for the shirt and he has a laconic style that 'looks' like he is taking it easy. Berbatov was a similar player who was blessed with a God-given talent but just didn't grab fans in the way that some lesser players do.

He has an abundance of talent, exquisite touch and the ability to beat a man and score goals. By rights, he should be a player that is loved but, even though I defend him, I can understand how a player such as Mahrez never quite hits the right note with many fans. He is a player that doesn't 'look' like he will give his all for the shirt and he has a laconic style that 'looks' like he is taking it easy. Berbatov was a similar player who was blessed with a God-given talent but just didn't grab fans in the way that some lesser players do.
He needs to do some slide tackles get some mud on his shorts then they will love him

He's so phenomenally talented and he will always come out of a season with us with a minimum 10 G + 10 A, simply by virtue of his quality, but my god I find him the most frustrating player.

I've never seen a more selfish player in a City shirt. Sometimes this works for us and he's the one to come out with a crucial goal that will win us a game, but for the most part it is detriment to the team and I'm surprised Pep is so forgiving of it.

I commented yesterday that I think Torres is the answer to our RW (or LW with Sterling back on the right) and I still maintain that. I don't think Torres will have the same ability to pull something out of nothing the way Mahrez can, but I think he will inclusion will make us better as a unit.

I would be utilising Mahrez predominantly as a super sub - someone to come on and change the tide of a game when we need a moment of magic.

I think the fact he is so talented and skilled is one of the reasons he's so fucking annoying.

He should be influencing games at the level of de bruyne or David Silva and instead hes just OK with a few moments of great play per game.

Yesterday was the same old Mahrez that we see on a regular basis and why it's hard to take to him.
Sublime touch and control that many players could only dream of but a tendency to be wasteful and lazy.
It'll never change and its why he will never be as loved as he could be by many fans.
It would have suited both club and player to see him moved on this past window. I imagine we will be saying the same things about him at the end of the season that we have been for the last two and that's the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.