Arsenal (H) Post match thread

Well the match is 2 halves !! lol

Don't get me wrong. I was impressed with the way we dug in and defended against a vastly improved Arsenal. I feared the worst without our two most important players so I was delighted that my worries were unfounded

Just trying to look at the match without any bias, and I think Arsenal will feel they maybe deserved a point... as most pundits, including our very own Micah, agreed

Yeah but when they were discussing the match they didn’t even comment on how we also should have had a pen. Foden’s chance was as good as Arsenal’s best chance also, plus we also got a goal.

I’d rather have my own opinion rather than the narrative put into my head by Sky.

Well the match is 2 halves !! lol

Don't get me wrong. I was impressed with the way we dug in and defended against a vastly improved Arsenal. I feared the worst without our two most important players so I was delighted that my worries were unfounded

Just trying to look at the match without any bias, and I think Arsenal will feel they maybe deserved a point... as most pundits, including our very own Micah, agreed
‘Our very own Micah agreed?’
U do know he is a boyhood arsenal fan ?

Take off your blue tinted specs mate

We couldn't have really complained if Arsenal had nicked a point

They probably had more clear cut chances than us and Ederson saved us on 2 or 3 occasions
I don't think anyone is wearing blue tints where the result is concerned,yes Arsenal could have gotten a point,or maybe even the win,but by the same token had we put our numerous missed/wasted opportunities away (again) then we could have walked off that pitch with a more flattering scoreline.

‘Our very own Micah agreed?’
U do know he is a boyhood arsenal fan ?
Since Micah has been on as a pundit I get a very clear impression that he has either been told - or decided for himself - that for it to be a long term gig there must be absolutely no evidence of bias towards CITY. Indeed, he seems to go the extra mile in being 'objective'.

Solid game overall. Dias is a monster. Gundo gave us control when he came on, glad he and Kun are back. Cancelo has great attaching skill. Wasted some chances but it's all good. Eddy made some cool saves in the first half. Ake is such a strong versatile player.

With Dias, Cancelo and Bernardo we need a new song "Portuguese blues". I think all three will be crucial this year.

Tefloncelo.

Just echoing many of the positive comments made on here and agreeing with Pep's after match remarks. A season like we've never seen before and hopefully won't ever see again. No close season for City - unlike most other clubs - and two international breaks to add to the chaos of injuries and new players, so City aren't aren't prepared for the new season at all. This showed for the last hour at Wolves, was disastrous against Leicester when our midfield was never up to pace and then seemed to be coming right at Leeds. Yesterday our game management was excellent. We didn't set off like an express train then lose all control but paced ourselves well and maintained control. Arteta's Arsenal are a much tougher nut than for the last ten years and I was the usual nervous wreck for most of the game but looking back we did stay in control and this was without Laporte and KdB, and with a Sergio far short of match fitnesss. But as Raheem said, other sides have to watch him closely - even at half pace he is a threat in the area which we have lacked this season. It was good to see Bernardo back to his energetic, "busy bee" style and Dias looks excellent. But Ake must rank as one of the best £40 million signings made; his calm, unflappable assurance is a real plus.
The Bornemouth lads who came on here said Ake was class. They were right.
Ake said he realised it would be difficult to break into the starting X1. He was wrong.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.