Yesterday’s formation

Blu3m00n91

What on earth was we even playing. At times the only players who looked in their natural position was Dias, Aguero and Ederson

What on earth was we even playing. At times the only players who looked in their natural position was Dias, Aguero and Ederson
Ake and Mahrez. I thought it was clever of Pep, it obviously confused Arteta. Well done Pep even though it wasn't pretty to watch.

I mentioned that in my post-match discussion, it was almost like Pep doing everything totally opposite what Arteta had in mind. In the second half, Ederson clearly got directions from Pep to hoof the ball even when Arsenal stopped pressing, it looked almost like Pep finally got a knack of 'the second ball' football, it was just another way to kill the game. But Cancelo role is still a mystery to me, he played like having instructions to be on every square yard of the pitch at least once, irrespective how the game was unfolding.

We played 4-4-2 in defence;

GK - Ederson
RB - Cancelo
LB - Ake
CB - Walker
CB - Dias
RW - Mahrez
LW - Foden
CM - Rodrigo
CM - Bernardo
ST - Aguero
ST - Sterling

In possession we played 1-3-2-1-3 (it sounds crazy because it is);

___________________________Ederson_________________________

____________________________Dias___________________________

__________Walker___________Rodrigo_____________Ake_________

__________________Cancelo___________Bernardo_______________

Mahrez____________________Sterling_____________________Foden

__________________________Aguero___________________________

Yeah I can explain to you where they played but not why they were played there!

Please for the love of god bring back the 4-3-3.

Ederson
Walker Laporte Dias Cancelo
Rodri/Fernandinho
Bernardo/Foden - KDB
Sterling Aguero Mahrez/Torres

That's it. that's the team. Please stop experimenting and doing weird stuff like playing cancelo at CM.

Please for the love of god bring back the 4-3-3.

Ederson
Walker Laporte Dias Cancelo
Rodri/Fernandinho
Bernardo/Foden - KDB
Sterling Aguero Mahrez/Torres

That's it. that's the team. Please stop experimenting and doing weird stuff like playing cancelo at CM.
But:
- it worked yesterday
- we have suffered from being “worked out” in other games and accusations have been levelled at pep that he needs a plan b
- there would be no harm in being less predictable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.