The Boxing thread

Lomachenko was given a real lesson last night from an undoubted hall of famer..... loma came on strong the last 4/5, however, Lopez is a beautiful fighter, fully deserved and to outbox a guy of that ilk was fantastic to watch!

Lomachenko was given a real lesson last night from an undoubted hall of famer..... loma came on strong the last 4/5, however, Lopez is a beautiful fighter, fully deserved and to outbox a guy of that ilk was fantastic to watch!
The physique of loma meant at some point he was always going to come unstuck against someone bigger and stronger than him to, but the skill and quality of Lopez victory was still a eye-opener.

I gave Loma 5 rounds, I don't know what some of those judges were watching because I couldn't understand some of those score cards. However, the right hand was raised at the end of the day, I suppose.

I'm glad I had the audio muted for that one anyway. I wasn't watching who said it but at the end of the fight I heard what was along the lines of "Take away Lomas angles and he becomes an ordinary fighter" utter disrespect from ESPN that.

I was still impressed when he went through the gears starting in the 8th round, certainly earned Lopez' respect going straight up the middle. It was too late by then though and Lopez was able to assert his size advantage, to break up his rhythm and avoid being overwhelmed. The bodywork from Lopez had Loma on his bike for a lot of that fight, who just didn't throw enough punches in most rounds because of it.

Last edited:
In the build up I couldnt believe how many people were picking Teo to win, knew it was a tight matchup because of the size difference (Loma shouldnt be at 135 and Teo will likely move up next year) but honestly thought Loma would take it on points, maybe I looked too much into the Nakatani fight.

Either way, Lomachenkos slow start has cost him this time.

Its a shame Teofimo will likely move up before the Haney fight but will be great to see him in with the Taylor Ramirez winner

Yeah, I've just happened to watch this and didn't know the result.

Lopez is a star, no doubt. I would be a little more worried if Lomachenko was more of a head-hunter, than a worrier in that fight.

When he switched it up he was amazing, but he got too complacent and deserved the loss.

Took until Rnd 8 for the fight to get going, though!

I gave Loma 5 rounds, I don't know what some of those judges were watching because I couldn't understand some of those score cards. However, the right hand was raised at the end of the day, I suppose.

I'm glad I had the audio muted for that one anyway. I wasn't watching who said it but at the end of the fight I heard what was along the lines of "Take away Lomas angles and he becomes an ordinary fighter" utter disrespect from ESPN that.

I was still impressed when he went through the gears starting in the 8th round, certainly earned Lopez' respect going straight up the middle. It was too late by then though and Lopez was able to assert his size advantage, to break up his rhythm and avoid being overwhelmed. The bodywork from Lopez had Loma on his bike for a lot of that fight, who just didn't throw enough punches in most rounds because of it.
Yeah, I heard that. I also thought that was poorly worded.

Although, I think he meant to say that if you could work out where Lomachenko steps to angle, you cut out his natural options and force him to rethink.

I get that.

They're not Brit commentators who are better at this sort of thing!

Good card from Wembley arena tomorrow. Usyk surely beats chisora but will be interesting to see if he improves from his last performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.