COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quoting the reports the data is coming from so must be some truth. On the flip side you have The Suns headline that Greater Manchester hospitals are out of beds. When you read the article it confirms that they are at around 80% which is what you would expect in October. Just shows how the media manipulates the way people think and see things.

Heh, Nope not when the DM are quoting things. I've seen them quote entirely unrelated people and post comments as facts before now. as well as quoting 2nd / 3rd hand interpretations of things. I think the best one was getting a "medical" person to quote on the medical impact of some environmental issue and that had been reported ( a proper scientific paper ). there "expert" made some totally inaccurate quotes from the data. turns out the "expert" was a crystal healer guru type that had no scientific or medical background to be used as an expert.

then there's the direct misrepresentations. Mostly around global warming and blatantly lying about what the met office says and saying met office refused to comment but never even asked for a comment... trying to find a link but this one was quite a while ago and seems to have been lost. there seems to be quite a war between the 2.

Not a big fan of his in general but I think he’s spoke really well so far during this.
GM hospitals are within a couple of days of accute beds being full - yet he still plays politics. (This information is from a Registrar friend of my daughters who works at Manchester Royal not the press.)
I dispair, I really do.

Can someone help me on this. Am I right in saying Burnham has supported a national lockdown, then a regional one where it is needed and now a regional one only if money is given out? How much worse does the situation have to get in GM before he accepts that lockdown is required. The longer the delay the harder it is to suppress the virus and the longer it will be before we can move back to tier 2. How can we, as a region, negotiate whether or not we have further restrictions if more people are dying. Surely it's not about negotiation it's about people's health.

Doesnt make a good story though does it. Everyone is aware its serious but news stories that are clearly written to try and scare people by playing on stats which are not unusual only makes people more suspicious. No wonder everyone is divided on this.
When have the media ever let facts get in the way of a good story?

The quarantine thing is just astonishing. People have ZERO responsibility for their follow Brits.
- Only 18% of people fully quarantine.
- 30% don't bother at all
- The rest break it once or twice to get important stuff.

We really are fucked. As a nation we are packed with self centered twats who in reality couldn't give a shit about anyone else.

Just some of the schools in Stockport that currently have classes/year groups in isolation due to positive cases:

• St Winifred’s RC Primary, Heaton Mersey
  • Didsbury Road Primary School, Stockport - (Year 1)
  • Adswood Primary, Stockport - (Year 1, Year 2, one class from Y5/6)
  • Cheadle Hulme Primary School, Stockport - (Two classes from Year 2)
  • Cheadle Hulme School, Cheadle Hulme - (Cases confirmed in Years 8, 12 and 13)
  • Broadstone Hall Primary, Stockport - (One class from Year 3 and one class from Year 6)
  • Gatley Primary School, Stockport - (Reception)
  • St Anne's RC High, Stockport - (Year 11)
  • The Kingsway School, Stockport - (Confirmed cases)
  • Great Moor Junior School, Stockport - (Year 3)
  • Werneth School, Stockport - (Confirmed case in Year 7, bubble of 80 students isolating)
  • Marple Hall School, Stockport - (Year 8)
  • Cheadle Hulme High School, Stockport - (Two confirmed cases, plus confirmed case in sixth form)
  • Priestnall School, Stockport - (Year 8)
  • Stockport School, Stockport - (Confirmed case, 19 students isolating)
  • St James' Catholic High, Cheadle - (Years 8, 9, 10 and 11)
  • Ludworth Primary, Marple Bridge - (Case confirmed, Reception isolating along with some Year 1s, some Year 2s and a Year 4 class)
  • Bridge Hall Primary, Stockport - (Case confirmed)
  • Valley School, Stockport - (Staff member isolating)
  • Bolshaw Primary, Stockport - (Year 5/6)
  • Thorn Grove Primary, Cheadle Hulme - (One Year 5 class isolating)
  • Cale Green Primary School, Stockport - (Confirmed case)
  • Harrytown Catholic High School, Stockport - (Year 11)
  • Hazel Grove High School, Stockport - (Two cases confirmed, including one staff member. Some Year 8s isolating)
  • Vale View Primary, Stockport - (Reception, Year 1 and Year 5)
  • St Joseph's Catholic Primary, Stockport - (Case confirmed)
  • Rose Hill Primary, Marple - (Case confirmed)
  • Pownall Green Primary School, Stockport - (Confirmed case)
  • Bramhall High, Stockport - (Case confirmed)
  • Etchells Primary, Stockport - (School closed to all years)
  • Vernon Park Primary, Stockport - (Case confirmed)
  • Reddish Vale High, Stockport - (Case confirmed in Year 11, close contacts isolating)
  • Castle Hill High, Offerton, Stockport - (Case confirmed in Year 12)

I did say that kids are getting a shit education and spreading the virus as well. Fuckwittery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.