COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure exactly how confident different experts are, I get differing impressions from different people.
I think confidence is based more on the results of early trials than just numbers. Early trials for all of the vaccines now in phase 3 showed good activation of the immune response. The phase 3 trials read out based on actual efficacy - how much lower infections are on the vaccine. Just having an immune response doesn't guarantee you actually stop infections. And they also test safety.
The good thing about the large number of vaccines is that many of them are based on different principles - so if there's some odd reason why one doesn't work, or isn't safe, there's a good chance it won't apply across the board.
But there's an iron law of development - that until the data reads out, you don't know.
Valance now saying effective vacine unlikely before spring.
Once again mixed messaging from the experts.

A mate of mine who I was out supping with on Friday has recently got in touch showing me his positive tests for covid.I`ve had a loss of taste and smell and a phlemghy chesty cough since Saturday.Phoned 119 and within 15 minutes of talking to them they got me an appointment,here in my home town.
Just waiting for the results which may come through tomorrow,as my mates did within 24 hours.Ah well looks like I`ll be watching Wednesdays game in the comfort of my own home and not my second home The George & Dragon !!
Hope you feel better soon mate. George and Dragon? whereabouts?

I was at the Christie with SWMBO today and as I am not allowed in I went to Maccies in Didsbury to have a leak and get a coffee... While in there a group of women were having a proper to do with the staff because they wouldn't provide their details for the register or use the track and trace app... "It's not mandatory" they were saying...

How the hell can we possibly get on top of this thing if people aren't prepared to play a part... What I saw today makes a mockery of Burnham digging his heels in for the City when the residents aren't prepared to do their but surely?

I was at the Christie with SWMBO today and as I am not allowed in I went to Maccies in Didsbury to have a leak and get a coffee... While in there a group of women were having a proper to do with the staff because they wouldn't provide their details for the register or use the track and trace app... "It's not mandatory" they were saying...

How the hell can we possibly get on top of this thing if people aren't prepared to play a part... What I saw today makes a mockery of Burnham digging his heels in for the City when the residents aren't prepared to do their but surely?
They were being twats about covid in the fucking Christie of all places? Appalling shower of cunts

GM scoreboard:

Manchester 460 - up from 403. Highest in 11 days. Total cases 15541. In week 2583. Pop score up 83 to enter 2800 club at 2811. Weekly Pop 467.

Bolton 319 - huge rise to double yesterdays 162. To by far the biggest number here yet. Total cases 7650. In week 1307. Pop score up record 111 in day to enter 2600 club at 2660. Weekly Pop 454.

Wigan 276 - another big rise from 212 to another record high for here. Total cases 7006. In week 1584. Obliterating its record for the town that holds the LOWEST weekly total in GM record 75 times lower than this one! Why is nobody investigating how Wigan got into this mess so we can stop everyone else following the path? Pop score up 84 to enter the 2100 club at 2132. Weekly Pop 482.

Salford 239 - up from 197. Total cases 5994. In week 1256. Pop score up 93 to enter 2300 club at 2316. Weekly Pop 486 Overtakes Wigan and chasing this top red watch zone number now even above Manchester and Wigan here.

Rochdale 222 - up from 204 and another place going out of control (it had 38 cases one day last week). Total cases 6006. In week 1124. Pop score up 99 to enter the 2700 club at 2700. Weekly Pop 509. First over that barrier since Manchester during the student tests. Now in the national red watch zone and well ahead of Manchester at top of GM score here. Though Salford is right behind.

Oldham 217 - up from 161. Total cases 6790. In week 1107. Pop score up 92 to enter the 2800 club as worst on this measure in GM at 2864. Weekly Pop 467. Could be into the 3000 club by weekend.

Stockport 160 - up from 158. Total cases 5009. In week 882. Pop score up 54 (lowest rise of day) to enter the 1700 club after one day in the 1600s at 1707. But increased lead over Trafford as best in GM Pop score. Weekly Pop 301. Lowest in GM.

Tameside 157 - up from 102. Total cases 5064. In week 908. Pop score up 69 to enter the 2200 club at 2236. Weekly Pop 401.

Bury 144 - up from 127. Total cases 4637. In week 831. Pop score up 75 to enter the 2400 club at 2428. Weekly Pop 435,

Trafford 136 - up from 116. Total cases 4501. In week 812. Lowest weekly cases number in GM. Pop score up 57 to 1896. Now 189 behind Stockport. Weekly Pop 342. Only other borough with Stockport still below 400 in GM.

Six of the ten boroughs with cases over 200 is unprecedented.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why rooney will have to miss three games (10 days) despite testing negative after coming into contact with a "friend" who has since tested positive.

I don't really understand some of these isolating rules, sometimes it's 7, then 10, and quarantine 14 days, why are they different ?

McD's is a good mile or so away from Christie mate .

All still going well @Bluemanc100 ?

Touch wood everything good here still.
She needs a couple of sessions of radiotherapy to keep the situation in check... there are lots with worse to deal with even though it's a shit sandwich for her (us) but thanks for asking chap :-)

I must admit I'm getting a bit fed up with all this now. It's just a matter of time before we go into lockdown and it feels like it's just delaying the bad news. I totally understand where Burnham is coming from and if I was on low wages with winter bills coming and Christmas I big drop in wages would be very difficult to take. Bills aren't dropping for them either.

When you hear that the hospital's are getting full and as @Healdplace reports superbly, the figures are shooting up. Were heading straight into a crisis where we all just have to hope we don't end up in a hospital now.

I just don't feel like this is going to end. That's the bit which drains you. It's going to take weeks now to get the numbers under control and it's really going to be a dreadful Christmas isn't it

It's really, really annoying that were heading into half term and theres no planning. Were due to have family down but we have no idea whether it's going to be legal or not.

I'm honestly just wondering if going to tier 3 will do anything other than helping the low paid. I just don't see people adjusting their behaviour as we're just not listening to the government any more.

I wish it was a Friday as I'd crack the beers open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.