Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I Remember Spurs giving it the big one in the Kippax 1977 when they tried to take it
Before getting a severe beating and we stuffed them 5-0 too

Mua ha ha
Haha.. yeah I was up towards the back of the Kippax when they came up the steps about 10 mins in to the game.
Got a few in and took a few then the long arm of the law stuck my arm behind me back and it was the mobile cell van parked behind the Kippax wall for me.
Was only 16 so no bother but many years later me and my mam we’re talking and she just reminded me of a phone call many years before on a Saturday afternoon from gmp. She never let on to me Dad who would have gone mad! ..happy days

A night match about 87 v Middlesbrough. The Beer Belly Crew BBC walked right around the ground 10 mins before kick off just slapping anyone they saw queuing at the turnstiles. Never liked those scruffy inbreds

When I say Millwall are what they are I mean they attract hooligans from other firms who look up to them and are mostly wannabees. But I seen them at the Burnden park on a mundane saturday in the old 3rd division, and at Oldham when City never had a game in the early 80's. Cause trouble in a monastery that lot.
They played Chesterfield on a Friday night way back in the late 70's, after the game had finished the police found loads of syringes on the away terrace, hence the treatment nickname.

That was before or after one of the testimonials at the Swamp, Albiston's I think, we took thousands to it as we were still in the 2nd tier and hadn't had any derbies for a season or two.
Still doesn't get alot of remembrance, probably cos Bradford aren't high profile which is just wrong
If you watch Gabby Yoraths documentary you will see how dignified and sad the families of Bradford were. They never looked to blame anyone You would shed a tear at the stories of whole families who were lost.

Just had a flash back about that game I went to match and some of my lot didn’t bother .. they were boozing in the rose and crown Glossop
And a mini-bus of Chelsea from chesterfield walked in so yes it went off ...court day came always on a Tuesday most expecting a fine and a few hours community service at most....
Not to be!! 6 got 18 months served 12 months Inside ended up featuring on panorama.
One of the old bill asked if they got stuck in ?
so they replied yeh big time this was used as evidence in court and down they went.

Lol , it sounds like you did yourself a real favour gettin out of the way of that!

Lol , it sounds like you did yourself a real favour gettin out of the way of that!
I did Ab it was a very rare televised game and they didn’t , when I got off the train at Piccadilly I was wandering why I did ? I remember phoning my sister from a phone box at Piccadilly gardens to come and pick me up at about 10:30 they wasn’t any busses going into town that night !! .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.