Match Thread | Man City vs Porto (21/10/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garcia and Cancelo just need f#ucking off - absolute shite

Garcia is probably one of the worst players I've seen at City, and I've seen some shit

Guardiola is the only person who watches City that thinks a midfield of Gundogan and Rodri works

What formation are we playing?

Why aren't Torres and Foden playing?

Two years ago we'd be slaughtering this lot but it's been two years of decline and we aren't addressing the situation

It’s unbelievable that every time we put a challenge in we get a booking, happens in every chumps League game.
All but one were bookings. I’d take a wrongful booking for Bernardo in exchange for a dreadful var decision that wrongly gives us a penalty to keep us level.

we are changing our style to be more compact and more difficult to break down the problem is we are losing our creativity and flair in the process. Pep has been burnt by our q/f exits.

Rodri only plays well when teams come here already defeated like Burnley and hardly make any effort to press us. Sadly those teams are rare these days as we are so easy to play against and he is just far to slow to be effective for us. A poor buy, like so many in the last few windows

Its becoming a common occurrence where our attackers are nicely sandwiched between two lines, and are receiving zero passes to make anything happen. The ball from the CB's simply is not reaching our higher placed players. This has to be system issue 100%. Saw the exact same thing vs leicester too....

Dreadful first 45 minutes. Extremely frustrating to watch. The players are not engaging their brains. Porto have come here looking to defend with a low block and capitalise on defensive errors and set pieces. So what do we do? We gift them chance after chance.

Sometimes you just have to accept that the opposition have no interest in creating chances for themselves. You just need to be patient and ensure you don’t make any errors. Pass the ball around the back for ten minutes if necessary. Let them know that you’re not stupid enough to play right into the traps they’re setting for you.

Porto will be laughing at us. We even gave them three yellow cards in quick succession for nothing. Okay, the referee is a moron. But it’s down to the players to understand that he is trigger happy and to use that to their advantage, rather than giving Porto every advantage.

I don’t understand why Garcia is playing either. It’s just a matter of time before he gifts them another goal. He doesn’t want to be here, so give someone else a chance. Everything needs to change, or we’ll lose to this piss-poor side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.