West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Can we stop the inverted wingers now? Even through 1v1 we have got forwards taking a touch to cut back on to their stronger foot, instead of taking the shot earlier. It’s slowing us down and chances are disappearing without even getting a shit at goal because opposition have an extra second to recover.

recruit better players?
I feel like dias,ake, torres have been very good buys.. defense looks a lot better with ake and Dias then last season. What else would you like? We should have got a striker too but again you don’t know what financial issues if any we are having bc of covid.

But remember he had a bad attitude unlike Mahrez
Well we could of worked on the relationship instead of sell him, it’s a two way street some times, I get the impression Pep only tolerates absolute disciples to his every thought

- he is the type of player we desperately need - gutted when he left, energy, ingenuity and exciting and scared the shit out of defenders and opened up so much space

I honestly don’t think we have the players.

if I was the opposition I would like to play against Cancelo, mendy, gundy, Rodri, Mahrez. Even put fern & Aguero in it due to their age. Take walker, Kev & foden out of this team we are mid table without the work rate

I think it’s down to tactics and man management.....both seem to have been poor so far this season. Fuck me, I don’t think I’ve ever seen top international defenders concede like we did against Leicester...is that because they’re shit or because of how they’re being asked to play? Overcoached?

i agree with what others have said about pep...smells like a swan song. Much like when Pellers ‘lost it’.

All on Pep that. 1st half against Porto was woeful yet the same starting eleven starts today. Now it wouldn't be to bad if he had to start with the same eleven but we had Kev, Phil and Torres on the bench so he didn't have to start the same eleven that were so piss poor 1st half against Porto. Subsequently we see a very similar 1st half against West Ham and it was only the introduction of Phil that saw us start to really create anything of note. That introduction was forced on Pep though because Sergio was injured so I'm reluctant to praise Pep for realising we were wank and making a change to improve us.

The Zinchenko substitution was a bit strange too. I thought that maybe he'd seen that mahrez wasn't doing a thing and he was possibly going to use Zinchenko in a no 10 role with possibly Phil moving wide, which although a bit radical, still would have been a change made by Pep which you'd at least be able to say that he tried something different in an attempt to influence the game.

Boring and very predictable in the end and for me its all on Pep.........again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.