West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

I've come to the conclusion that we should sack Pep right now because it is clear we have half a dozen candidates at least on here who can do the job better. I'm not sure how the first team talk would go when the tell the squad that they've blown the title in the first five games because most of them are slow, old and/or useless and the game at WHU showed this. What an interesting management style that would be: insult all the players and tell them to do one.

I thought WHU played well and are certainly a different nut to the one we've shattered regularly over the last 5 years. Moyes seems to be doing a good job. Their goal was an excellent finish and I don't see how we can blame it on ourselves. As the match wore on we took a control which amounted to dominance. We should have got the win. Some of our wise men on here will tell us that we didn't because other teams "have worked us out" and know how to deal with City. Yes, of course, but keep taking the tablets if you believe that. Nor did we fail to win because our players suffer from the ineradicable stain of uselessness. We failed to win because we are not in top form and WHU were a resolute and determined opponent. This is a season different from all others and at the moment those teams which didn't play too many matches last season and haven't been involved overmuch in international breaks and haven't been ravaged by injuries have made the better starts to the season. But there are still 33 league games left...

To day our defence looked solid and this was without Laporte, and it got good protection from midfield. The problem was further forward and there are several reasons for this. Sergio is a pale shadow but I doubt he would be expected to play 3 matches in a week if Gabriel were not injured. The two of them are vital to the team. Sterling wasn't at his best certainly but that was hardly a deliberate attempt to infuriate the Bluemoon moaners. There is no doubt that the absence of both Phil and KdB also makes it harder for our front players but we are playing 3 matches every seven days until the new year at least and KdB has to be eased back in and Phil cannot be played in every game. None of the players are machines and even the best player in the world is quite ordinary whel playing at 98% of his best.

So today's result was a disappointment but we'll only now how significant the point won or the two points dropped are at the end of the season.

yeah i can see your point and he did but to be fair they werent exactly hard passes - he has all the time in the world to play them with Westham dropping on - its when the pressure is on at that his biggest failings show time and time again

True, even with men back, they gave us plenty of holes & time to exploit them.

you now have your wish, embarrassingly. It’s been started

the press will have a field day

Embarrassing is being so scared a journalist might read Bluemoon that you don't want people to start a thread.

If they're reading bluemoon they're already seeing all the twats posting Pep Out shit.

We need to break the bank in the summer for Kane or Haaland,we won't obviously, will end up with Bernardo or Torres as a false 9

Kev was bought before pep came in. Sterling has improved and that is a bonus.

You mention sterling and Bernie. Bernie is not consistent and has not repeated his previous exploits. Sterling is great but wasteful.

Yaya always showed up.
Vinny delivered time after time.
Zaba was stable game after game.
Sergio was younger.
Silva- most games 9/10 but age again.
Fern-age again.

The players above all consistently delivered top performances each week.

Bernie, mahrez, rodders, Jesus,gundo,Mendy,cancelo are hit and miss from week to week.

They are not good enough and not consistently good enough like their predecessors.
Zaba was declining and people on here was tearing into him peps first season. You must not have watched a lot of games if you think Yaya always turned up lmao wow he was a liability a lot of games with his lack of caring. Bernie was good until that racist row came about. Vinny amazing love the guy. Rodri,mahrez, Cancelo I’ll give you. Mendy was bad luck with his two serious injuries that isn’t bad recruiting that’s bad luck.

Gundogan laid on a fucking pinpoint pass for cancelo to knock across to an unmarked sterling - and what a goal that was......

If Cancelo has half a brain then that's a goal and Gundogan did it all. He's a good player. I'm about to be attacked aren't i.....

Gundogan and Rodri are both okay for us, but only 1 should play. We had 2 creative players in David Silva & DeBruyne in our best seasons. We need the same now. Any 2 of KDB, Bernardo Silva and Foden should be playing in midfield.

Personally I think that Pep Guardiola is not well and needs a break. He looks tired and even when he smiles it doesn’t reach his eyes. JMHO
I agree, it could be losing his mother he hasn't been himself from the beginning of the season. I think sometimes we forget that people have lives because we are so focused on the football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.