COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they aren’t being sustained and it’s not existing cases but new ones.

there is nothing further that can be done to suppress the virus beyond stopping life which we all know has worse long term effects. It’s so widespread it cannot be stopped.

governments needed to accept that numbers would increase again in autumn winter and act calmly not in the knee jerk way they are doing.

why did we build the nightingale hospitals to handle the COVID casss and leave room for existing needs if we were going to turn around and say there isn’t the staff to run them. Why build them then.
I posted a few days ago how the National Director for Cancer Services wanted more people to come forward for tests / assessments who thought they might have cancer. I also referred to the video showing how The Christie was sustaining services.

I don’t know what your “solution”is but if it’s to let the virus run riot then that really would demolish lots of other services.

I have not had any chance to see anythmm in h today. Are cases up or down?

I posted a few days ago how the National Director for Cancer Services wanted more people to come forward for tests / assessments who thought they might have cancer. I also referred to the video showing how The Christie was sustaining services.

I don’t know what your “solution”is but if it’s to let the virus run riot then that really would demolish lots of other services.
That is not what I would propose.
Distancing and coverings on public transport and other confined spaces.
But otherwise sensible rules (ie. not have cinemas open but stadiums not)
Allow minimal household contact (eg. Nominate another household or two to bubble with rather than rule of 6 or nothing)

banning drugs doesn’t work so why we think these unenforceable restrictions will I don’t understand. Giving a little sensible
Licence to mix would see greater compliance

That is not what I would propose.
Distancing and coverings on public transport and other confined spaces.
But otherwise sensible rules (ie. not have cinemas open but stadiums not)
Allow minimal household contact (eg. Nominate another household or two to bubble with rather than rule of 6 or nothing)

banning drugs doesn’t work so why we think these unenforceable restrictions will I don’t understand. Giving a little sensible
Licence to mix would see greater compliance
if we had proper testing and track and trace you could propose a network of households i.e. (2 generations of the same family) who would be in a support group, and everyone has regular testing and if they all test negative for x number of tests they're allowed to visit each other, would be really useful for Christmas but sadly the system is a shit-show.

I have not had any chance to see anythmm in h today. Are cases up or down?
The UK has reported another 174 coronavirus deaths and 23,012 more cases in the latest 24-hour period.

The amount of positive tests is higher than the 20,530 infections confirmed on Friday, government data showed.

The number of fatalities - within 28 days of a diagnosis - is fewer than yesterday's total of 224, while 44,745 people have died with the disease in total.

if we had proper testing and track and trace you could propose a network of households i.e. (2 generations of the same family) who would be in a support group, and everyone has regular testing and if they all test negative for x number of tests they're allowed to visit each other, would be really useful for Christmas but sadly the system is a shit-show.
But the current system is you can see as many people as you like up to 6 at a time (except when in lockdown)

there is a middle ground.

Even a super efficient test and trace doesnt work with such high numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.