Leroy Sané

Great player , extremely exciting to watch , both assisted in goals and scored them, and a player who was much admired by rival fans too ..... he made a big impression (and his name) at City, so yes , it's with little wonder that we are missing Leroy Sane .... just as we are clearly missing the influential David Silva too.

Guardiola hardly helped matters by leaving him on the bench at times ...

But the main problem was really beyond our control ..... there were people from his homeland constantly in his ear pleading him to return home , not least his mum, mates at Bayern, and his international team manager ..... the writing was always on the wall from the day he left Guardiola in the dark about committing to a new contract ... he's gone, and now we have to move on .

NINTCHDBPICT000458329238-e1559238702549.jpg

Last edited:
Grat player , extremely exciting to watch , both assisted in goals and scored them too ..... yes , it's with little wonder that we are missing Leroy Sane , just as we are clearly missing the influential David Silva too.

But there were people constantly in his ear asking him to return home , not least his mum, mates at Bayern, and his international team manager ..... the writing was always on the wall from the day he left Guardiola in the dark about committing to a new contract.

Not much else to say really .

I miss Colin Bell but I don't expect to see him playing for us anytime soon .

Unless we stick together we could be heading for a difficult period in terms of media abuse and therefore, infighting in public. As Pep often says, 'if they don't want to be here then they should go - Can't remain playing for Pep, at their highest level, without 100% commitment to the cause - end of!

Most players aren't great straight away, they take time to bed in. You could say that only Aguero made an instant impact,; Dave took a few months, Vinny, although good, didn't really become great till Mancini moved him to centre back. Sane lacked confidence at the start and it wasn't until he scored against Arsenal that he started to show his capabilities.
Most new players need time to settle in and the further you move forward on the pitch the more difficult it is as there is greater pressure to produce results immediately. New players should be given at least one season before we judge them although I am sure some on here will have a different view.

I don’t think we’ll ever replace his pace and runs down the wing. Thinks it’s one of the reasons we Had to do so little defending until last season and now our defence is more suspect

Unless we stick together we could be heading for a difficult period in terms of media abuse and therefore, infighting in public. As Pep often says, 'if they don't want to be here then they should go - Can't remain playing for Pep, at their highest level, without 100% commitment to the cause - end of!

Garcia says Hi

Sane is definitely missed in terms of what he can do, hopefully once Torres finds his feet he'll be a good replacement. Certainly showed promise with the goal against Porto

I just miss a player going past the full back on the outside, getting to the by-line and putting a cross in for someone to tap in. All this cutting inside into a packed defence is doing my head in.

I don't particularly miss Sane, I just miss pace. Sheer pace. Numerous times we are 5 v 5 with the ball but the man in possession stops, turns around, and allows the opposing midfield to regroup.

If you don't have pace, top teams no longer fear you.

Spot on .....

the opposition will stand all day in front a team that passes sideways and backwards for most of the game ... it's players who run at you , and cut you to pieces with 'telling', or defence splitting passes, that they don't like .... and right now we aren't really seeing much of either coming from City.

The goal from Torres the other night proves this point , Porto just panicked and backed off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.