COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to stop pissing about with this tier nonsense and have a proper lockdown for four weeks. It's obvious that the restrictions in the NW haven't worked given they have been in force for a long time (tier 2 now 3). People are ignoring most of what is required to do and cartying on with life. Both my neighbours have today had friends / family members in their house and have done throughout. It's a shame that the virus to select the ignorant selfish twats amongst us and take them out of society and let the decent ones get back to normality

Seeing as its been discussed a bit recently, this could be of interest. a discussion about masks, what they do, what they dont do and what not to make them of!.

Im not defending Harding etc but most european countries must have a similar person and government in charge as they all seem to be experiencing a huge second surge like we are??
Perhaps it's just a very difficult thing to control for any government ? Most if not all seem to be following similar rules, and it's not helping much anywhere, the only thing that really works is a lockdown, and no economy can actually support that.

It seems that getting people to follow sensible rules is very difficult, as most of us want to push the limits one way or another.

Sadly I think this was the worst day ever for Greater Manchester. Utterly terrible numbers.

It looks now like a big mistake to have spent two weeks arguing over lockdown measures let alone whether these rules are actually helping much yet. Things have gone from bad to worse ever since.

Today only 2 of the boroughs are under 200 cases. And even Trafford who is one of them set a new record high.

There is only one way to stop this virus from getting worse in every European country. That is a total European wife shut down. The only thing that can move is either food or medical supplies.

GM total is up over 200 to 2606 - its worst ever number as I feared. Almost double where we were 10 days ago.

The percentage of the NW is down at 49% (it was 35% those 10 days ago) but only as other areas in the NW were high too. Though not to the same degree as GM.

But over 11% of all cases in the UK today were in the ten boroughs.

So a really disturbing UK hospital death total today of 252. A number we have not seen since 5 June.

Last week it was 162. Week before 106. Week before 53.

That is a rise of 100% v 51% v 55%. Less promising.

Though deaths as I keep stressing will be the last numbers to change.

And England are the biggest contributor to this rise.
Sky reporting 367 UK deaths.
Is this all settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.