COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this, plenty in my work don't wear masks in communal areas until told, ignore distancing and had one idiot come in with a sympton when clear the instruction is don't , phone in and get a test (they did, negative thankfully)

Apart from the example set by Cummings, and Johnson not sacking him. That started the rot on public compliance.
It shouldnt and people who have that view are daft and excuse seeking. What should be happening is humiliation and shaming of him by the public complying and heeding advice or instruction and then being able to claim the high ground while keeping themselves and others safe

Edit: no idea why that post quoted urban genie.

It shouldnt and people who have that view are daft and excuse seeking. What should be happening is humiliation and shaming of him by the public complying and heeding advice or instruction and then being able to claim the high ground while keeping themselves and others safe

Edit: no idea why that post quoted urban genie.
Probably because you'd clicked reply on it maybe by mistake. Just go back in and delete it with backspace key.

Apart from the example set by Cummings, and Johnson not sacking him. That started the rot on public compliance.

Fuck me...I nearly agree with you about something.

That said Cummings or no Cummings I think there were and are still plenty who will take little or no notice of restrictions anyway.

I very much doubt whether Cummings would have influenced the abhorrent behaviour of the likes of No lives matter and extinction rebellion either.

With out a doubt many of the normally more moderate every day kind of people I think are less inclined to take much notice of this government as a result of the Cummings fiasco. That in itself should not be a bad thing were people to use their common sense and work out for themselves how best to avoid contracting or passing on this disease. Sadly of course many have not the intelligence to do so and do not realise that by banging on about Cummings or Boris and justifying their actions on the shortcomings of the government does infact only put themselves and others in danger from this virus.

Interesting interview with Kate Bingham from the Covid19 UK vaccine Taskforce on the BBC earlier.
Nice to hear someone knowledgable about vaccination and the work done on vaccines in general.
May have misheard but I *think* she'd taken the jab already. Whilst not promising a silver bullet there were a lot of positives in her discussion. There's an awful amount of work going on to fight this (looking at different methods to find the most effective vaccine).

Scotland are building a lab to create CV19 samples (as they have in China) so we can look at inoculating with inactivated CV19 samples.

Here's her article in the Lancet:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32175-9/fulltext

Bottom line is, if people UNIVERSALLY wear face masks, wash their hands meticulously and keep a sensible distance - as they do in Asian countries - then we would not be seeing the rise in cases and deaths that we are seeing. It is relatively easy to keep this under control and does not require draconian measures or total lockdowns. Unfortunately however there are far too many wankers ignoring the rules and therefore killing people.
Spot on.

I sympathize with people who are working from home but keep your chin up, at least you're not sharing an office with people who literally couldnt give a fuck and struggle to wash their hands after having a piss nevermind because of a "cold"

I live in the Netherlands, some of my colleagues don't wash their hands after number twos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.