Liverpool (H) - Post-Match Thread

Mane doesn't win penalties all the time because he's lucky or defenders are "careless" he gets them cos he's smart (me and you probably call it cheating, diving, cuntish behaviour). He gambled on which way mane was going and got it wrong. Probably got it right 29 times out of 30 but you get it wrong once against him, salah, vardy and Bruno fernandes and its screaming the stadium down and triple backflips with a twist in for good measure, and yes, the officials still fall for it. Kyle's thigh brushed mane, no where near enough to knock him over. Compare sterling getting bumped 2 minutes earlier and that's the "smart" I'm going on about. Raheem hits the deck screaming that's a free kick and a yellow for a tactical (in theory anyway). Instead raheem trys to stay on his feet (credit to him) ref ignores it, the break on us, penalty given for less contact.
It's completely doing my head in - clearly a fucking dive yet no analysis and even the likes of Roy Keane saying definite pen. Walker touched him and he goes down like a bag of shite - if that's all it takes to knock a fully grown man to the floor, I reckon every single RL game would finish 0-0 and boxing matches wouldn't go beyond one round.

The days of “not enough in that” are gone, contact means penalty, we’re playing catch up as the red media have allowed messers Salah Mane & Fernandez to change English football forever....it has amazed me how many times I’ve seen the refs running & pointing to the penalty spot at the Etihad this season like a 5yr old who’s spotted a frog, we then have to sit back and accept there was contact so it’s a penalty, diving, making the most of it, cheating is now seen as being clever and receives high praise from Spitty Keane & the rest, Christ on a bicycle!...they’d of been in the referees face, not to mention dishing out retribution of their own
They must work on it in training. Some of these players and coaches should hang there heads in shame cos they've changed the game forever. They have no shame in throwing themselves to the ground and woman screaming for advantages all over the pitch. I watched rashford yesterday, near the end of the game he had the ball looked over his shoulder saw an Everton player behind him, so stuck his arse out for contact, when to the ground on his knees and then started rubbing his shoulder. He wins a free kick, the trainers are on for 2 mins and ushited get to kill the clock.
Its fucking awful to watch this "new modern version" of football

There was one occasion where Mane 'won' a free kick on the edge of the area. I will have another look at the alleged foul tomorrow but the strange thing was that he just sank to his knees with his feet together in a very unnatural way fir some one running forwards.
I know exactly when you mean. I thought the same.

Liverpool are too good a side to expect us to roll them over. Pressing them would result in the kind of counter attacks that allow their 4 forwards to prosper, everyone thinks we can just 'play like we used to' but there wasn't a Liverpool then. We have encouraged a raising of the bar and clubs are going for it; it is getting tougher, and don't forget the way they demolished us a number of times in the last three seasons. Get real is my outlook. We have to raise the bar again; a tough ask with the way injuries are pilling up and how crowded the season is. Maybe dump the League Cup?

I completely agree, we should never expect to run them over because they are lethal when counting. But. This also means we HAVE TO put away the few chances we get. Mahrez was amazing a year ago, now he’s selfish and as predictable as a sunrise. Sterling a year ago was unstoppable in many games. Now with Arteta gone, he’s showing glimpses of his old self.

He’s decisionmaking has to be one of the worst in the team. I’ll never blame him for thinking fast because that will never happen. He’s amazing showing up in empty spaces because of his pace, but the rest? Where is that clinical winger we need? I can’t see Sané being half as wasteful as Sterling. He needs to learn his fkng place and start performing.

I hope Pep plays Ferran - Jesus - Foden as our front trio in the next games. Honestly believe it would be a huge difference.

A new piece of shooting practice equipment delivered to the Ethihad campus tomorrow
200.gif

Mane doesn't win penalties all the time because he's lucky or defenders are "careless" he gets them cos he's smart (me and you probably call it cheating, diving, cuntish behaviour). He gambled on which way mane was going and got it wrong. Probably got it right 29 times out of 30 but you get it wrong once against him, salah, vardy and Bruno fernandes and its screaming the stadium down and triple backflips with a twist in for good measure, and yes, the officials still fall for it. Kyle's thigh brushed mane, no where near enough to knock him over. Compare sterling getting bumped 2 minutes earlier and that's the "smart" I'm going on about. Raheem hits the deck screaming that's a free kick and a yellow for a tactical (in theory anyway). Instead raheem trys to stay on his feet (credit to him) ref ignores it, the break on us, penalty given for less contact.
The Sadio Mane story DVD , out now
giphy.gif

It just wasnt 'the same' for me without a crowd but the old girl did inform me that l swore three times at the commentators just before kick off on either side of the Minute's Silence. Good job she didnt hear me when even after the penalty had been missed they went on and on about it.
I’ve had to put up with “who are you shouting at?” and “you realise they can hear you?” and “the neighbours know it’s a pen now too”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.