Maine Road or Etihad

Blu3m00n91

Quite simple really which stadium did/do you prefer. Being the age I am I wasn’t lucky enough to fully remember Maine road but Etihad holds the best moment of my life to date

I've been in a crammed Kippax on plenty of occasions and there was simply nothing like it for sheer noise and atmosphere however there were plenty of matches I can recall to the contrary, I think the Etihad has the potential to have a great atmosphere on big games also but changes need making to the ground ie North stand / standing sections etc but fans may have to make sacrifices.....do they want it ?
Until then its Maine rd for me !

The Etihad for me at my age 77, turn the clock back and my dad always said the boys corner at Hyde Road took some beating.
Lesson one all teams have history plus it depends how far back your memories go ,Oakie Cokie goes back to Pink Bank Lane for his first match!

Home is where the heart is. Maine Road all day long. Remember being on the dug out after we invaded the pitch and slapping Jeff Whitley's hand as he came past when we won the play off semi final to go to Wembley. Can't buy memories like that and I was on the pitch after Augeros goal. Away fans hated Maine Road

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.