Bands you wished you'd seen and bands you did see

I wish I would have seen the cramps.
Had to be done, this is a list of acts I've seen. It isn't complete but I think it has most of the headliners I've seen plus some support acts and bands I've seen at festivals. Not all of the acts were my choice to see: some were those of my wife and daughters and as mentioned, some were on the bill of artists that I did want to see.

10cc, 38 Special, The 1975, 5 Seconds Of Summer, AC/DC, Adam & The Ants, Accept, Bryan Adams, Ryan Adams, Aldo Nova, Aerosmith, Airborne, The Alarm,The Allman Brothers, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe, Angel, April Wine, Joan Armatrading, The Arctic Monkeys, Bad Company, Bastille, Bauhaus, Be Bop Deluxe, Jeff Beck, Pat Benatar, Justin Bieber, Biffy Clyro, Big Country, Biters, Black Country Communion, Black Crowes, Black Sabbath, Black Stone Cherry, Blackberry Smoke, Blackfoot, Blackmore's Night, Blind Melon, Blink 182, Blue Oyster Cult, Colin Blunstone, Blur, Michael Bolton, Bon Jovi, Joe Bonamassa, The Boomtown Rats, Boston, David Bowie, Garth Brooks, Bring Me The Horizon, Bow Wow Wow, Buckcherry, Budgie, Randy California, Camel, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Chas & Dave, Cheap Trick, Cher, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Eric Clapton, Eric Clapton & Friends, Coldplay, Phil Collins, Miley Cyrus, Ry Cooder, Alice Cooper, Counting Crows, Sheryl Crow, Crowded House, The Cult, Danger Danger, The Darkness, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Rick Derringer, Diamond Head, Dio, Dire Straits, The Doobie Brothers, Doors of The 21st Century, Dr. Feelgood, Dream Theater, Drive by Truckers, Duran Duran, Bob Dylan, The Eagles, Steve Earle & The Dukes, Steve Earle & The Del McCoury Band, Earth Wind & Fire, Dave Edmunds' Rockpile, Electric Light Orchestra, E.L.P., Enuff Z Nuff, Eminem, Eddie & The Hot Rods, Melissa Etheridge, Extreme, Europe, Fairport Convention, Faith No More, Fall Out Boy, Bryan Ferry, The Firm, Fish, Fleetwood Mac, Focus, Foghat, Foo Fighters, Lita Ford, Foreigner, Peter Frampton, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush, Ace Frehley, Funkadelic, Peter Gabriel, Liam Gallagher, Rory Gallagher, Gamma, Gary Glitter, Genesis, The Georgia Satellites, Gillan, Ian Gillan Band, David Gilmour, Girl, Girlschool, Gov't Mule, Grand Prix, Green Day, Greta Van Fleet, GTR, Guns n Roses, Sammy Hagar, Hall & Oates, Hanoi Rocks, Roy Harper, Hawkwind, Heart, Don Henley, Steve Hillage, Hold Steady, Hollywood Vampires, Hootie & The Blowfish, Horslips, Glenn Hughes, Ian Hunter, Hunters & Collectors, Billy Idol, Imagine Dragons, Inxs, Iron Maiden, It Bites, J.Geils Band, Michael Jackson, Japan, Jean-Michel Jarre, Jet, Jethro Tull, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Elton John, Journey, Jonas Brothers, Judas Priest, Kansas, Kasabian, Kid Rock, King Crimson, Krokus, Kiss, Mark Knopfler, Kraftwerk, Led Zeppelin, Huey Lewis & The News, Nils Lofgren, Lone Star, Lower Than Atlantis, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Madonna, Magnum, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, Richard Marx, Dave Matthews Band, Max Webster, Brian May, Imelda May, Paul McCartney, Meat Loaf, Megadeath, John Mellencamp, Metallica, Mike & The Mechanics, John Miles, Steve Miller Band, Eddie Money, Gary Moore, Manowar, Van Morrison, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mott The Hoople, Mountain, Mr Big, Muse, Nazareth, New England, New York Dolls, Nickelback, Stevie Nicks, Night Ranger, Ted Nugent, Gary Numan, Oasis, Mike Oldfield, One Direction, Joan Osbourne, Ozzy Osbourne, The Osmonds, The Outlaws, Page & Plant, Robert Palmer, Parliament, Pearl Jam, Joe Perry, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Pet Hate, Pink Floyd, Plant Robert, Poison, The Police, Iggy Pop, Prince, The Psychedelic Furs, Pulp, Queen, Queen & Adam Lambert, Queen & Paul Rodgers, Queens of The Stone Age, Quiet Riot, The Quireboys, R.E.M., Trevor Rabin, Rainbow, Ratt, Chris Rea, Dan Reed Network, Lou Reed, REO Speedwagon, Return To Forever, Rival Sons, Paul Rodgers, Roger Daltrey, Rolling Stones, Rose Hill Drive, David Lee Roth, Uli Jon Roth , Roxy Music, Royal Blood, The Runaways, Rush, Sad Café, Saga, Santana, Joe Satriani, Saxon, Shakin' Street, Silverwing, Paul Simon, Simple Minds, The Sisters Of Mercy, Skid Row, Slade, Slash, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Soundgarden, Sparks, The Spin Doctors, Rick Springfield, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Squeeze, Billy Squier, Ringo Starr's All Starr Band, Starz, Status Quo, Steel Panther, Steely Dan, Rod Stewart, Sting, The Stone Roses, Styx, Supertramp, The Sweet, T.Rex, Tears For Fears, Bonnie Tyler, Judy Tzuke, The Tear Drop Explodes, The Johnny Van Zant Band, The Michael Schenker Group, The Outfield, The Pretenders, The Robert Cray Band, The Scorpions, Cliff Richard & The Shadows, The Tubes, Thin Lizzy, Twin Atlantic, George Thorogood & The Destroyers, Thunder, Toronto, Touch, Pete Townshend, Train, Pat Travers Band, Triumph, Robin Trower, Twisted Sister, Steven Tyler, U2, UFO, Ugly Kid Joe, Uriah Heep, Utopia, Steve Vai, Van Halen, The Vamps, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Warrant, W.A.S.P., Roger Waters, Whitesnake, The Who, Wild Horses, Edgar Winter, Steve Winwood, Ronnie Wood, Gary Wright, Yes, Yellow Magic Orchestra, You Me At Six, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Y & T, Zac Brown Band, Frank Zappa, Warren Zevon and ZZ Top.
Fuck, I was looking forward to saying, "I bet you haven't seen Triumph".

Reactions: OB1
Not sure when OB1 saw them, but I saw them at the NEC in 2000 on the Two Against Nature tour and I'm sure Becker and Fagan were present. As far as performance went, no jumping through hoops or laser shows but that's not what you'd expect, musically they and the band were brilliant.

Same show as it happens.

Both were present.

I have some photos somewhere of my Dad playing football at the C.N.E stadium with the members of Triumph.
I'm guessing you were seeing some of those Toronto bands when they toured with Rush. Or did you live here for a while?

Never been to Canada :( All the Canadian bands were seen in England.

Max Webster supported Rush on a tour that I saw three gigs.

Saga supported Styx.

IIRC, Toronto supported Whitesnake.

Triumph did a short headlining tour.

I have some photos somewhere of my Dad playing football at the C.N.E stadium with the members of Triumph.
I'm guessing you were seeing some of those Toronto bands when they toured with Rush. Or did you live here for a while?

Seen Rush many times, here in the UK as well as Canada and the US, I remember seeing Quartz, Max Webster, Wild Horses and Primus as support slots in the UK

Never been to Canada :( All the Canadian bands were seen in England.

Max Webster supported Rush on a tour that I saw three gigs.

Saga supported Styx.

IIRC, Toronto supported Whitesnake.

Triumph did a short headlining tour.
Did Lee Aaron ever make it over there?

During lockdown, like many other have no doubt, I sorted a ton of crap I'd collected over the years and came across old tour programmes and tickets, this is the oldest I found. It prompted me to list the gigs I'd gone to, worked at or took my little sister. I'm still working on it..

Attachments

• tic.jpg
    tic.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.