#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowhere near good enough. He doesn't see anything, be that defensively or offensively. And for those saying he "wasn't the worst" today, that's just unacceptable for our record signing. We need him dictating and setting the tempo from the beginning. He does that, but sets the wrong tempo by playing safe passes backwards and sideways when he has 20 yards of free space ahead of him.

Also with regards the goals today, he was nowhere to be seen when Ndombele picked up the ball turned and with almost an unbelievable amount of time and space, lofted the ball over our defence. The second goal, well the less said the better. Watching him chasing Kane back and getting nowhere near him, embarrassing.

These are the little details that Fernandinho always got right, his positioning was spot on and he was aggressive in all aspects of our play. We're paying for it now and slowly but surely, our standards will slip further and further if we start deeming performances like today acceptable from the anchor of our midfield.

He had an excellent game,obviously not perfect but he did his job very effectively.His pace is an issue in certain situations,but those saying he cant tackle or doesn't have any aggression are talking nonsense.

Rodri isn't the problem......Its on Pep to get this team ticking.

First goal, Laporte misjudged the pass badly (out of character for him). For anyone that says Fernandinho wouldn't have let Ndombele pass the ball, Ndombele had like 2 secs of the ball, he received the ball, turned, and made the pass. So it's total nonsense that Fernandinho would have prevented that. It wasn't even a situation where it was a dangerous counter attack or anything, it was from a throw in ffs.

Second goal Walker just walked back, didn't even jog.

In conclusion none of it was Rodri's fault and you all should give it a rest and find some other scapegoat.

He was our best player, yesterday, yet (as usual) some pick him out for criticism because they have decided that he isn't good enough for us. He is an excellent player but Spurs did a job on us. We are vulnerable to a packed defence and fast counters and have been for a long time. It takes a good team playing at the top of their game to do it and Spurs were that. Conversely, the packed defence makes it very difficult to score against and we are facing it in nearly every game we play, exacerbated by sixteen injuries of ten days duration or more, already this season.

First goal, Laporte misjudged the pass badly (out of character for him). For anyone that says Fernandinho wouldn't have let Ndombele pass the ball, Ndombele had like 2 secs of the ball, he received the ball, turned, and made the pass. So it's total nonsense that Fernandinho would have prevented that. It wasn't even a situation where it was a dangerous counter attack or anything, it was from a throw in ffs.

Second goal Walker just walked back, didn't even jog.

In conclusion none of it was Rodri's fault and you all should give it a rest and find some other scapegoat.
I keep reading people say this, but when you actually read peoples’ criticisms, barely any of them are about yesterday’s game. They are mostly general comments about him not being good enough full stop.

He was our best player, yesterday, yet (as usual) some pick him out for criticism because they have decided that he isn't good enough for us. He is an excellent player but Spurs did a job on us. We are vulnerable to a packed defence and fast counters and have been for a long time. It takes a good team playing at the top of their game to do it and Spurs were that. Conversely, the packed defence makes it very difficult to score against and we are facing it in nearly every game we play, exacerbated by sixteen injuries of ten days duration or more, already this season.
He’s not excellent. He’s just a good player. But good isn’t good enough.

I thought he had a good game yesterday but I just can't get my head around winning the league twice in a row with Fernandinho there who was full of energy and could get around the pitch to then replace him with someone nothing like that

He was chasing kane at one point and he looked like me on fog lane after getting in at 5am from a night in fridays carryinh 15st.
Kane isnt fast but rodri made him look like alan wells.

hes not up to standard for me

Was that towards the end if the game? It was embarrassing to see him 'chase' him then look up and was clearly indicating, 'can someone else take over...'

He's simply not up to it. I'm sure he'll look half decent V Burnley next week, though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.