Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

I honestly get the feeling watching City these days that the players are happy to dominate possession. Someone needs to remind them that possession stats mean fuck all. Teams are letting us pass it around, sitting in games and waiting for the opportunity to hit us on the break. We can all see this tactic, it’s not rocket science. Our intensity has dropped, our work rate has dropped, and our performances have become predictable and dare I say it a bit boring to watch. It feels to me like something isn’t right in the dressing room, I can’t put my finger on it, but where’s the passion and desire? The drop off in performance levels are too great to be a coincidence. The players certainly didn’t seem to be lifted by Pep’s contract extension did they? Worrying times.
On song and at our peak we took delight in counting the passes because they produced results while mesmerising the opposition. Slow, quick, slow, quick, bang! Was it 44 leading to that goal against the rags while the fokkers could only watch?

Now it’s mostly looking slow and sterile, even boring, giving teams all the opportunity they need to get 11 men behind the ball while sucking our defenders upfield.

We’ve gone from using a scalpel to wielding a blunt instrument. To be fair, the loss of Merlin has been an important factor.

Last edited:
We never seem too pick up the tempo or play with urgency when we go behind it’s happened a few times already this season and last year. We just play the same way as if it’s like oh well we’ll break them down eventually.

Same old same old,left footed playing on the right,right footed playing on the left.Kyle Walker playing that far up the pitch leaving big holes on the right side of the defence,which has cost us goals against Arsenal(FA Cup Semi Final),Lyon(CL),Leicester City and now Spuds.Rodri not good enough in that DM role,Marhez just right off it so weak on the ball.Play the double pivot in midfield against the better team,let them come on to us and hit them on the break.The opposition always seem to score on there first attack.Subs used to late.The system needs changing they worked us out 18 months ago
This
For me its surely worth trying 3 at the back
At least we might be left with 3 defenders on the counter instead of two because the full backs are up the pitch

but why the golf chips every attack
pass pass pass pass chip
I just think we are being too critical with our players and not accepting that opposing sides are doing something well. Although it is not like it is a mourinho masterclass or something like that because ole, arteta, moyes, rodgers, lampard have done it before. Teams are defending the spaces that we used to exploit better. Mahrez is always marked by at least two defenders, de bruyne rarely has space to run into the penalty box and do his low cross.We have many good players and when all of them are underperforming it just means that the current system is not working and something needs to change.

Your last sentence is interesting. Unless something clicks very quickly we will be wallowing closer to bottom than top. Do I think that will happen, no. However a few posters are saying "we're only 8 games in". Well them 8 can quickly become 10, 12 and so on. You won't hear a peep out of them if that happens. This team has got so much more in it but you're right, we don't look like getting better.

when 8 becomes 10 we’ll be 6 points better off

Same old same old,left footed playing on the right,right footed playing on the left.Kyle Walker playing that far up the pitch leaving big holes on the right side of the defence,which has cost us goals against Arsenal(FA Cup Semi Final),Lyon(CL),Leicester City and now Spuds.Rodri not good enough in that DM role,Marhez just right off it so weak on the ball.Play the double pivot in midfield against the better team,let them come on to us and hit them on the break.The opposition always seem to score on there first attack.Subs used to late.The system needs changing they worked us out 18 months ago
Same old same old they have worked us out. Why last 18 months ? Cause we have lost more right. What happened during the Christmas period of 18-19 season when we lost to crystal palace, leicester and newcastle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.