Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Some people are gonna hate this post - but to them I'd say, prove him wrong.

We're inconsistent at the very least - certainly this season, and I've been a half glass full, we haven't had a preseason kinda guy up until now, but only in Europe have looked anything like our usual selves.

As I said earlier in this thread though, we know that the Champions League is the only competition that matters, we've been told that enough times over the past 8 years so this season is actually going swimmingly and don't let anyone tell you differently.

I’m waiting till after our next 7 games to see if the title is not possible all 7 games we win if we do we will be in top 3 then we reassess.

Honest question. Do you, as a supporter, believe that that is going to happen?

I Believe against these teams with the known possession we will get we will score plus our defence has improved, so yeah we can but it’s why I said I’ll see after these games! The premier league couldn’t of picked a harder first 8 games start of the season, especially with our players having zero rest time.

There is a big issue that is causing De Bruyne to try and do too much. David worked as his foil, as well as a link up for the whole of the left side and as much as we wished that would be taken over by Bernardo and Foden, it's not going to happen over night, if it will at all.

The bigger problem is control of transitions, awareness from a single person to control the traffic. That position is owned, in all of Pep's teams, by the 6, that one person needs to be VERY disciplined and aware of everything. I think Rodri is quite disciplined and his awareness is quite decent, but that small drop in level between Fernandinho and Rodri in the grand scale of the team, is huge. Gundogan managed to understand that position better, you can see when he plays there he not only knows where to move, but where to get others to move as well, and on the transitions the other way he knows where he and others need to be. The way we are losing games is mostly half spaces in midfield that were plugged up before, and then that allows time to get in behind which Pep knows is our biggest weakness.

Blaming Ederson for his positioning there is wrong IMO. That's the job he's asked to play and its saved us a lot, he needs to protect not only his goal, but the huge space between him and the whole back 4.

Axe the high line, without Ferbadinho or similar type players in midfield we are woefully exposed once the ball is turned over. We are just not as dynamic as we were in 2017-2019, our play is so slow and pedestrian now it's even putting our own players to sleep. Plus there's no Silva.

8 points behind with a game in hand. 30 games still to play & you say the title is over , wow. I will guarantee we will be top two by the new year & challenging.
I would think you would get good odds on that bet, take it if you can.

There is a big issue that is causing De Bruyne to try and do too much. David worked as his foil, as well as a link up for the whole of the left side and as much as we wished that would be taken over by Bernardo and Foden, it's not going to happen over night, if it will at all.

The bigger problem is control of transitions, awareness from a single person to control the traffic. That position is owned, in all of Pep's teams, by the 6, that one person needs to be VERY disciplined and aware of everything. I think Rodri is quite disciplined and his awareness is quite decent, but that small drop in level between Fernandinho and Rodri in the grand scale of the team, is huge. Gundogan managed to understand that position better, you can see when he plays there he not only knows where to move, but where to get others to move as well, and on the transitions the other way he knows where he and others need to be. The way we are losing games is mostly half spaces in midfield that were plugged up before, and then that allows time to get in behind which Pep knows is our biggest weakness.

Blaming Ederson for his positioning there is wrong IMO. That's the job he's asked to play and its saved us a lot, he needs to protect not only his goal, but the huge space between him and the whole back 4.
I agree. Not forgetting Silva was a large part of how our football is played over the last 10 years. Silva's play centered around finding tiny gaps in between spaces to free up our attackers, which lends itself well to how we usually play. Aside from De Bruyne, there's no one else that can do that job now.

Pep needs to rethink how we setup and attack now without Silva, possibly changing even the entire tactic/formation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.