Fencing dispute

I'm going through a bit of a do with a neighbour that lives 200 yards away (Well my wife is I'm just nodding and thinking of just kyboshing her plan without telling her).

It involves a gap between the fences at the back of our gardens, it appears that for some 20 plus years the 3 ft gap has become overgrown nobody but really old buggers remember when it was actually open, there are no gates to the back of the houses all have waney lap fencing in place.

Last week there was some thrashing about in the gap between the fences and some lads were in there doing a fine job of stripping the undergrowth making the space between the fences clear again, this space people have assumed was useful being overgrown because it protected peoples back gardens from scallies and thieves.

The missus has since found out through other neighbours that the woman who ordered the clearing of the undergrowth has had a gate fitted and she has informed someone she wants to lay claim to the land which is a considerable strip maybe 200 yards long, at present the council got involved and stopped the work, as well as fencing off the ends of this gap (At their expense) meanwhile most of our immediate neighbours are ordering gates to prevent this woman from having a chance at getting this 'Free' land.

I kid you not it's like the Burbs round here sometimes.

1606234968890.png

I think the bit where you said that the fence is not a fence must’ve confused me. Apologies if my comprehension of that line let me down but I can assure you that I haven’t had a drink since Saturday at about 9:30 (pm, I’m not an animal. I watched City with a few and then decided to keep spirits up with a few more).

If the new fence that isn’t a fence is close to (less than half a metre) the existing fence (that I assume is a fence), runs parallel for more than 4 metres and acts as a boundary, albeit in addition to the original boundary, the same rules shall apply. Look it up if you want.

I simply assumed (wrongly it seems) that you would know all about boundaries and borders but clearly not. Maybe the whole conflict thing has been a misinterpretation of boundary laws. I can see how it quickly escalated though if people reacted by typing in bold letters like you did.

I'm not arsed as to whether a bloke has a bevy or not but I was miffed to receive a an arrogant and badly misplaced broadside from someone who had not bothered to read what I'd written.

And I don't accept your mealy mouthed politicians semi-apology because you didn't let yourself down a bit, you had a nasty little pop at someone you didn't know and for no logical reason.

An appropriate apology would have been "Sorry mate, I got confused and made an arse of myself".

Anyhow, I've had my pop back, and I don't come on here to metaphorically arm-wrestle with those looking to argue, so I'm dropping this topic.

Meanwhile, I'll sit and look happily at a situation that proves that "the same rules don't apply everywhere".
My garage, is 300mm from the boundary fence, circa 2.5M high at the gutter and the gutters project out along the edge of the overhanging roof such that it sits above and less than 100mm inside the boundary.
Everywhere I go I see similar and, while various LA's have various twists in their rules, I see it so often that it must be almost universal.

Went to see them today after they came round again.
They have had an offer on their house and got a 2nd viewing next week and scared of buyer pulling out. He said if they lose the sale he will sue me.
I offered a comprise and said I will take it down for now an just leave the wooden posts up so no can reattach after next week's viewing. They still weren't happy with that.
I have attached the fencing to the existing fence posts that they say belong to them and demanded I remove it all together - I didn't go into the fact that both neighbours own the boundary fence and posts regardless of who paid for them. Presume they did before I bought it.

I'm just going to carry on with it and ignore them. I tried to compromise and they wouldn't have it and just wanted to be able to give me orders.

He also wrongly told me that the maximum allowable height is 6ft i told him that the government rules are 2m or 6.6. He didn't care what the government said because he was right.

Other 2 neighbours I border with said they don't care and told me to do whatever I want.

Imagine my disappointment when I opened the thread and found out it was not about a dispute to be settled via sword duel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.