Return of Supporters

Auto Windshields too when we only just scraped 3000
I was at that, it was a thoroughly miserable night. We went out and bought Lee Peacock off the back of that. The Daily Mirror stitched us up over the attendance and their guys nearly got lynched at the next home game.

It's a farce mate, but what do you expect from the greedy cvnts who brought us "PROJECT - LiVARpool can't be denied the title that's been engineered for them by PiGMOL and the multi-billionaire football club owners need more of your money so football must continue for the integrity of the sport despite a global pandemic"?
If ever anyone wanted to know what drives English professional football at all levels you only have to see the indecent and irresponsible rush last season, and this, to re-establish the income stream is the only evidence that they'd need.

If ever anyone wanted to know what drives English professional football at all levels you only have to see the indecent and irresponsible rush last season, and this, to re-establish the income stream is the only evidence that they'd need.
I thought they got it right last year in how they returned. What is disgusting is the schedule they are forcing on the top players this year. They are being treated like pieces of meat. The 3 game International breaks are a case in point. 3 utterly pointless international matches that don't even have the best players, playing anyway.

I don’t think any of the PL clubs will bother opening for 4,000 fans anyway. Pretty sure they would end up running at further losses doing this. Wouldn’t be surprised if they all vetoed this idea

Have to wonder whether City will be bothered to open up for 4000 supporters, even if allowed. The announcement feels aimed at smaller clubs where 4000 represents a large percentage of their gate. For City it's what, 8%?
How many does the Tunnel Club, boxes and lounges hold. I will be very surprised if they do not get priority, both from income viewpoint and just easier to administer. Hope I’m wrong.

At the very most if they let 4000 supporters in to the ground you can honestly say it'll not be the dyed in the wool blues but the corporate vampires.

Some of this is covered in the Amnesty thread but deserves its own space because it's about who returns, when and how.

The club hasn't asked how many fans are happy to return so the ballot is fuzzy and no mention of points or supporters club allocation? Let alone Citizens and those who go game by game.

Great news for those happy to defer for a year but still raises more questions than answers?
I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1982 but I’m not going to go back until next season when things will hopefully be more normal.
Really miss being there though

In my opinion the speed at which normality returns will be linked to the degree to which the vaccines are sterilising. If they are sterilising i.e. the vaccine reduces transmission as well as illness, then the epidemic should fall rapidly, and fear for the future will fall with it.

When the 1/3 of the UK population that is over 50 and vulnerable are vaccinated serious restrictions should end. I am sure the NHS has plans and timetables but I don't know what they are.

The tone of the announcements was cautious because the authorities want people to remain cautious, and of course we should be so.
I agree that we should remain cautious and I think that a lack of caution by many people during the summer has put us back big time. According to one expert last night, it's expected that it will be approx 28 days after vaccination before immunity takes effect. Let's say then that assuming the regulatory board gives the vaccination it's licence it could be early January when the roll-out begins in earnest for the vulnerable group & NHS workers etc. Allowing time for manufacture and distribution plus the sheer scale of vaccinating millions of people, plus this 28-day scenario, it seems to me that the estimation of Easter for completion of the first stage (ie to include also the over 50's) may not be wide of the mark.
As you say, we should be able to expect serious restrictions to be lifted at that time but I very much doubt that will facilitate the return of capacity crowds to football stadia before next May. Personally I have no appetite for sitting in a socially-distanced even a half-empty Etihad so this season for me is a write-off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.