COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, the deaths are awful. And I don't think anyone is intentionally minimising them.

Quite the reverse feeling good if it looks like we are turning a corner in this fight is because it means this may well be the upper limit of what we see of these tragedies and fewer and fewer people will be dying as we start to come out of the second wave.

It still might not happen. The long winter ahead is still looming and a third wave is not impossible if we do not get it right before the vaccines hopefully arrive.

But we need positive thinking to get us through the dark days ahead or we will have a mental health crisis once this is over from people paying for the depression this has created psychologically.

Positive thinking is needed for sanity. When it is justified. And for now it looks to be.
Looks like you're going to be busy in January mate.

Not such a good day for the NW today. Back up to the most cases in the UK.

However, only as the other regions have fallen more as the NW has another small fall too.

Though this shift from 4th to 1st increases my suspicions about the testing today. As it it is across the board and not reflecting areas that have seemed to be more impacted than others in recent days.

London 1409 - big drop from 2023

Midlands 1244 - big drop from 2020

North East 598 - down from 732

Yorkshire 1335 - down from 1667.

And North West falls too - but by a smaller degree to 1469 from 1573.
But it's a hell of a drop in cases from yesterday. Surely a good thing?

Rules are clear

Up to three households will be able to form a "Christmas bubble" and meet over the festive period, it has been announced.

For five days between 23 and 27 December, people across the UK will be able to mix with those in their bubble - but only in a private home, a place of worship or outdoor public spaces.

Travel restrictions across the whole of the UK will also be lifted during the five-day period, allowing people to travel between countries or between tiers in order to meet those in their bubble.

People in Northern Ireland will be allowed an extra day either side of the five-day window to travel, in order to allow for flights.

Under the Christmas rules, once a three-household bubble is formed it cannot be changed or extended further at any point.

And - beyond private homes, places of worship and outdoor public spaces - people should continue to follow all other local restrictions in their area.

This means Christmas bubbles are unlikely to be able to meet in pubs, bars or restaurants.

However, people will still be able to meet with others outside their Christmas bubble outdoors, if allowed under the rules of the tier in which they live.

Each country will clarify their own rules on support bubbles and extended households. In England, support bubbles will continue to be counted as one household.

There will be no further relaxation of restrictions for New Year celebrations.

For many, many, months now, I do not understand why GP surgeries are not sending nurses to everyone who tells them they are ill to check there oxygenation levels.
They do in Germany and it is probably the reason why they have a much lower death rate than the UK. Early diagnosis = earlier hospital treatment = better chance of survival.
All GPS seem to be interested in is building watch towers and putting up barbed wire around their surgeries to keep patients out.

I don’t see how mixing at Christmas is going to be such a big deal.
Mainly media histeria and lockdown fetishists that causing all the noise.
People will be sensible and make their own judgements about whether to mix.
Forming a bubble with other households is commonplace with single adult households. I think this should be extended anyway under current rules to permit two households to bubble and not require one of the two to be a single adult household.
The rules don’t permit mixing with all different households as the bubble has to be maintained.
at a time when people are unlikely to be going back into offices etc... over Christmas there shouldn’t be a massive spread that some think.
Those that won’t be sensible are the same people who have been carrying on that way throughout.
I don’t see why those who want to see other family members (parents etc...) should be denied because of those who ignore the rules.
Those in Leicester/GM have had 4 weeks’ since March where they have been permitted to mix with any other household. It’s ridiculous to suggest that they should not be allowed this minimal extended contact.

Won't be seeing any family indoors personally even if we're allowed. Seems a needlessly risky thing to do at the moment given everything just for one day. Don't want to give it to my mum or dad. I'll wait a few more months until things look a little better numbers wise/vaccines etc.
Same, it's going to cause a lot of arguments too.

I don’t see how mixing at Christmas is going to be such a big deal.
Mainly media histeria and lockdown fetishists that causing all the noise.
People will be sensible and make their own judgements about whether to mix.
Forming a bubble with other households is commonplace with single adult households. I think this should be extended anyway under current rules to permit two households to bubble and not require one of the two to be a single adult household.
The rules don’t permit mixing with all different households as the bubble has to be maintained.
at a time when people are unlikely to be going back into offices etc... over Christmas there shouldn’t be a massive spread that some think.
Those that won’t be sensible are the same people who have been carrying on that way throughout.
I don’t see why those who want to see other family members (parents etc...) should be denied because of those who ignore the rules.
Those in Leicester/GM have had 4 weeks’ since March where they have been permitted to mix with any other household. It’s ridiculous to suggest that they should not be allowed this minimal extended contact.

Stop watching Main Stream media mate, it is beyond a joke how much they are trying to a) put the fear of God into people & b) try to divide the population. Dark times ahead I'm afraid, the social implications of this far exceed the dangers of the virus....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.