Champions League games 24/25 November

City are terrible at negotiating decent fees when selling players.

RM getting £100m from a 1bn release clause for Ronaldo is actually good business.

So it works both ways.
No.

RM sold CR7 for 100 M when they decided he wasn't worth it anymore. Now, imagine his clause was always 100 M, he would have been snatched by another top club way sooner (in a world where the player wanted to leave too).

By not having a clause, you are keeping all the options.

The problem of City is they obviously don't want to sell the players who are performing well. Which means they either sell them when the players contracts are running low (Sané) or when the players are clearly declining/losing their hype. In the latter case, only inferior clubs will be interested in recruiting such players and they will offer less transfer fee money because they will have to cover the wage demands.

What’s happened to Mbappe, seems to have gone backwards
PSG is going backwards at full speed and Mbappé has a too big ego.

Still a good player but he believes too much in his own hype and doesn't work hard for the team. You'll have it hard to find a player who defend less than him. No pressing, no closing the gap to prevent pass from opponent, no backtracking when losing the ball.

Of course, it wouldn't be so detrimental if he was scoring left and right in CL but he isn't. And this is more due to the lack of balance of the team and the zero collective play strategy under Tuchel.

Blimey - maybe things aren't so bad at City! - what's wrong with Mbappe?
To give you an idea. I think the previous game against Leipzig he had covered something like 7 kM while the average was 10 or higher for the german players.

Globally, i think the whole PSG squad is physically exhausted. It is incredible how weak they all look like. Since the coach had never worked to create some collective play but would rather wait for individual plays from Neymar and Mbappé, now they are all burnt out, they look like people who have never played football before in their life.

It is that bad.

Remember some months ago PSG had easily disposed of Leipzig in the semi finals. Flash forward to today where PSG looked like some amateur team that couldn't get 40% of the ball at home and didn't create any chance bar the penalty kick and a very late chance in the additional time.

And despite our win today, there is an heavy chance we are still going to end up in Europa League. MU will prolly beat us next week and will give away the last game against Leipzig as they would already be sure to qualify and their next game being against you i reckon.

If PSG don't win at Old Trafford, they are done. I can't see PSG winning there and i can't even see PSG not getting an historical beating there.

Been there . Done that. When he was in monaco we wanted him to join us . He didn't want to come

He went for money (Not knocking him for that) and a chance to win the league in an easy way. He would have turned Bayern down for the same reason. Add to that the fact he's French it's no great shock he didn't come here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.