Fifa: Gareth Bale and Zlatan Ibrahimovic query EA Sports game image rights

Tell you what, this just sums up the modern footballer (maybe not all)

I cant believe that big nose and bale have recognised this themselves, one day going "hold on they owe me" whilst playing the bloody game themselves

This will be some shithouse agent who has gotten wind and primed them with the info, probably hoping their agency gets a fucking huge payday as well

Spot on.

The guardian article on it goes into it in more detail.

Bale, on loan at Tottenham from Real Madrid, replied to his tweet, writing: “Interesting, what is FIFPro? #TimeToInvestigate”, before Ibrahimovic’s agent Mino Raiola added: “Hope we get the answer to our letters now @Ibra_official.”

Fifpro has been approached for comment. Bale’s agent, Jonathan Barnett, said that potential legal action was “something that is being looked into”.

Looks like the use of likeness in videogames is more of a sub-plot to a bigger battle as well.

This month Fifa announced plans to introduce regulations on agents next year that would limit the ability of individuals to represent more than one party in a transfer and cap commission to a one-off sum equal to 3% of a player’s annual salary or 10% of the transfer fee to a selling club.

EA Sports, which makes Fifa 21, said in a statement: “We are aware of discussions around licensing of players in EA Sports Fifa. The current situation being played out on social media is an attempt to draw Fifa 21 into a dispute between a number of third parties and has little to do with EA Sports.
”To be very clear, we have contractual rights to include the likeness of all players currently in our game. As already stated, we acquire these licenses directly from leagues, teams, and individual players. In addition, we work with Fifpro to ensure we can include as many players as we can to create the most authentic game. In these instances, our rights to player likenesses are granted through our club agreement with AC Milan and our long-standing exclusive partnership with the Premier League, which includes all players for Tottenham Hotspur.”

I'd give them the Pro Evo treatment. Make really generic looking characters and have the names Zoltan Ibrahim and Gary Bails

They did this with Adrian Mutu, after he was banned by FIFPro for his drug taking.

OehK4cv1IivC0-DiHE63_0SnH5ljXHOfw4UhVF_Qob3Tja7eKFTd_m3I2sutP4XACK7uzYq5mH7yHZhOkMClvKk8k0VlpW_H93Hjxeb6x80YHdZRaRBux2DojriVtrBIQHtmWikAzA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.