Our attack - what's off?

What’s wrong with our attack is big guns firing blanks .... It’s staggering how many chances we squander in virtually every game we play ... is it....
Lack of ability - No
Lack of technique - Fuckin hope not at this level
Lack of confidence - Maybe
Lack of atmosphere in stadia- Maybe
Whatever it is, it needs fixing sharpish...!!!

What’s wrong with our attack is big guns firing blanks .... It’s staggering how many chances we squander in virtually every game we play ... is it....
Lack of ability - No
Lack of technique - Fuckin hope not at this level
Lack of confidence - Maybe
Lack of atmosphere in stadia- Maybe
Whatever it is, it needs fixing sharpish...!!!
It is a lack of pace, over 50 shots n the last 3 league games have yielded 2 goals, when was The last time you saw City score on the counter?, of those 50 shots nearly everyone only came after the 3 teams got everyone back, our opponents have had less than 30 shots and scored 3 goals, and Ederson`s high goal to save rate is caused by the number of 1 on 1`s he deals with, the easiest solution is a plan b striker Giroud, can not see Pep doing that though

Clubs used to press us high and we passed around them. Now they all stand on the goal line.

If we score first we would still win the vast majority of games. Confidence is probably the issue. It will come right in the end. Sides do not have superior xG and lose for long.

Don’t get in behind the opposition enough...or as much as we used to

Lack of clinical finishing

Wanting to pass up a shot for a pass inside the box

Sterling is nowhere nears as good as his new reputation

KDB is knackered

Too many balls flash across the six yard box with no one to put it in...used to be Sané on a Sterling cross, and Sterling on a Sané cross!

Too much fancying around on one on ones or fast breaks. Convert far too few.

One word: DYNAMISM.
The solution is right footers on the right, left on left. Stretches the opposition and creates space. Oh and increase our tempo!

It is a lack of pace, over 50 shots n the last 3 league games have yielded 2 goals, when was The last time you saw City score on the counter?, of those 50 shots nearly everyone only came after the 3 teams got everyone back, our opponents have had less than 30 shots and scored 3 goals, and Ederson`s high goal to save rate is caused by the number of 1 on 1`s he deals with, the easiest solution is a plan b striker Giroud, can not see Pep doing that though
I agree we have a lack of pace mate but you don’t need pace to stick the ball in the net, we are getting in the positions and creating the chances but the end product is badly lacking

I agree we have a lack of pace mate but you don’t need pace to stick the ball in the net, we are getting in the positions and creating the chances but the end product is badly lacking
The lack of pace is the reason we have had less 1 on 1`s with the goalkeeper the highest conversion rate, trying to score with 10 men on the line is quite hard, and while we may scoff at relegation the FA will manipulate that outcome given a chance.

We are not creating enough chances now a days and yes whatever we are creating we are missing those chances. the problem is as simple as that but the solution is difficult.
We only have 2 out and out striker. I think a good club needs at least 3/4 strikers. We had Tevez, aguero, Dzeko and balotelli once. Yes we managed goals with just 2 strikers 3/4 seasons ago. We need at least another striker now.

We have one formerly world class striker who is over the hill and another who is trying to fill his boots but at this stage has failed to do so. We need a new, young, lethal finisher who can stay fit for a run of games. What's that blonde lad called again.......?

I don't always expect Sterling to score when through on goal, but I'm rapidly reaching the point, where I don't even expect him to shoot.
He's a hot-and-cold striker, who repeatedly comes out of a barren spell with 10 goals in 10 games, but his combination play is non existent, and he rarely assists or even crosses the ball.
I suspect that with a full stadium, the referee would have awarded a free kick for the push on Sterling, in the move that led to the Liverpool penalty.
However, it's precisely that type of dribble, that always finishes with Sterling on the floor, either through foul play or a fair tackle.
Think sterling will make a first class carpet fitter when he chucks this football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.