Favourite Beer

I usually buy a 4 pack of Murphys when i plan on doing a steak n' kidney pudding. I use about 350ml to make lovely rich gravy.

Does anyone know if they still sell Beamish stout? Been a while since I've drank any.
Good question, not seen it for a good while myself.
I used to enjoy the Beamish Red, but never cared for their stout. It certainly tasted markedly different two the other two named.

csm_vitus_e8eb9b0d97.png

I usually buy a 4 pack of Murphys when i plan on doing a steak n' kidney pudding. I use about 350ml to make lovely rich gravy.

Does anyone know if they still sell Beamish stout? Been a while since I've drank any.
Beamish is quite a pleasant stout.
Not as sweet as Murphy’s, which is why I prefer it.
Still brewed in Cork at a Heineken facility.

Guinness has just about been ruined for me. I went to Ireland last year and drank, let's say, a fair bit of it.
Came back home to Canada and ordered a pint at the Irish embassy pub. I almost spat it out.
There's only a couple of places here that I will order it.

Stella has to be the worst piss to come out of Belgium.
Belgian’s pride themselves on the wonderful beers they produce and from my experience living there for a while, don’t drink Stella as it is a mass produced chemical brew as bad as Harp here in Ireland.
They export it to Britain.

For a standard everyday table beer they’d drink Jupiler far more. Much nicer.

I quite liked Grimbergen.
But there were numerous really tasty ones on Le Podo beer menu that was my local.
Leffe
la Trappe
Rochfort
Orval - dark and rich
Chimay there was red yellow and blue label. Can’t remember which I liked. Think it was Chimay Bleu.
View attachment 5876 Strongest I recall having was Sixtus. 16% as far as I remember.
A couple of bottles at Christmas. Not too much more.

Edit: found a local cheap as chips bar in Budapest last year that had Grimbergen on tap. Heaven.

I absolutely love Grimbergen. Had it on a family holiday about 20 years ago in France and I loved it. Don’t seem to see it much over here these days unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.