Favourite Beer

I am very lucky Barcon as my local over here serves the best pint of Guinness I`ve tasted.Must admit that apart from one back street pub in Dublin I was very disappointed in the Guinness over there a couple of years ago.
I had heard that decent pubs in Ireland will have lots of half pulled glasses of Guinness and this was the case with this back street pub ... and you know what mate,it was worth the wait for it to settle.
When I went to Dublin the taxi driver gave me a list of pubs to go to to get the best pint. The absolute best was far away from the tourists, in a dumpy area. Went in and there was a few old blokes sitting around. Best pint I've ever had. P.S, I couldn't stand Guinness until my mate took me to his local and said you have to try the Guinness here.
It was in Wilmslow, sounds like it might be the same place that you go.

I am very lucky Barcon as my local over here serves the best pint of Guinness I`ve tasted.Must admit that apart from one back street pub in Dublin I was very disappointed in the Guinness over there a couple of years ago.
I had heard that decent pubs in Ireland will have lots of half pulled glasses of Guinness and this was the case with this back street pub ... and you know what mate,it was worth the wait for it to settle.
Mulligans?

Have you tried Brugges’ Zot beer mate? Really nice blonde and dark beer. Really hard to get in UK, £40 for a case of 12 online one of a few options but found it in a niche bar in York.
Don’t think I have, but I tasted quite a few when over there and honestly wouldn’t remember them all.
Tasted quite a few nice blonde beers, but generally went for the deeper coloured ales.

played football with a local team and when out after a match it was usually just your common or garden variety lager like Jupiler.

Mulligans?
Just looked it up and that's the place I went to. Turns out I was wrong about it being in a "dumpy area". I think I walked through a building site to get to it or something. By far the best pint I had over there.
Only had one bad pint the whole time I was over and that was in Galway. Had lot's of good pints in Galway but one pub was serving up below par ale.

The Draught is fantastic, They do a Dark which is great as well.

I`ve played golf on the courses between Edinburgh and Dunbar quite a bit over the years, it`s an Edinburgh brewery so its spot on round there and its a lovely part of the country.
Years ago (and it may still well be sold) I used to have the 60/- (shiilings) 70/- which I think was Deuchars,but I`m happy to be proved wrong.Years ago there were two different Deuchars Breweries,one was Robert and the other was James.

Seven brothers stout is lovely
One of the best stouts around is one brewed by Sadlers in Brum called Peaky Blinders.It can be found in some supermarkets mate.
I drink stouts as they`re the nearest thing to Guinness.I must admit that the first time I ever tried Youngs London Stout I was very surprised as to how nice it was.Mind you mine host did keep his lines lovely and clean so thats always a bonus.

It has to be said that the unfortunately now over-popular Old Speckled Hen is a truly marvellous pint when served on draught. Ditto Abbott Ale.

Incidentally both of which are far better in cans than in bottle, if you're drinking them at home.
Abbott Ale and Marston's Pedigree were my favourite beers when I lived over there, Guinness a close third

When I went to Dublin the taxi driver gave me a list of pubs to go to to get the best pint. The absolute best was far away from the tourists, in a dumpy area. Went in and there was a few old blokes sitting around. Best pint I've ever had. P.S, I couldn't stand Guinness until my mate took me to his local and said you have to try the Guinness here.
It was in Wilmslow, sounds like it might be the same place that you go.
Nearly right mate ... I live in Winsford which is about 20 miles away.

Just looked it up and that's the place I went to. Turns out I was wrong about it being in a "dumpy area". I think I walked through a building site to get to it or something. By far the best pint I had over there.
Only had one bad pint the whole time I was over and that was in Galway. Had lot's of good pints in Galway but one pub was serving up below par ale.
The area was run down for a long time.
Hawkins Street. Behind the old Press Offices.
I started work across the road from Mulligans when I was 17 years old.
It was our local from work.
Many a great night in there and you’re right. The Guinness has consistently been voted best in Dublin for years.
Still a great pub although very much on the tourist’s map these days.

One of the best stouts around is one brewed by Sadlers in Brum called Peaky Blinders.It can be found in some supermarkets mate.
I drink stouts as they`re the nearest thing to Guinness.I must admit that the first time I ever tried Youngs London Stout I was very surprised as to how nice it was.Mind you mine host did keep his lines lovely and clean so thats always a bonus.
Was never really into Stouts , remember my gran would send me to the ‘outdoor’ to get her a jug of stout on special occasions , sat there with her stout in one hand & a cigar in the other ....she was like ma Baker !
I enjoyed the one I had , came in a job lot box that seven brothers do , I wouldn’t waste it but it was the nicest in the box to be honest, I must try some more .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.