Burnley (H) Post Match Thread

We are getting everyone back at the right time the Christmas period
Kloops rant about injuries and 5 subs says alot where they are going into this period

Got to say i was very suprised at Burnley's tactics but i suppose at this point Dyche will try anything to not get hammered.

Cant fault any of the performances as almost everyone was excellent, would only say Jesus, Walker and Mendy had quiet/average games.

Torres looking more involved game on game and dare i say it was better tonight than Sterling has been in that postion all season.
3 up front for first 5 minutes then all behinf the ball

Probably wishful thinking, but hopefully today will serve as a reminder to some not to overreact in future when the team is announced. Some of the stuff in the pre-match today made for painful reading.
I was critical of that starting line up mate but I knew it was still good enough to beat Burnley, yes I did predict a City win in the pre match thread. Always good to be proven wrong.

we really need that win with both players and fans lacking any sort of joy at the moment

looked solid and stones looking good and who thought john stones and rúben dias forming a partnership in central defence ? KDB looks better and city must rest him again in midweek vs porto with the job done in getting to the knockouts.

burnley must hate facing us but they was shocking today. they never ever looked like they wanted it and coughed up early and game was over

so we get our 5.0 home banker and the truth is city never really had to push to get it. if we was really looking to score and get a big score city could have had double figures easy. burnley was so open and gaps everywhere and their manager must just have wave the white flag with his setup at the start ? even liverpool and the better teams show us respect at the etihad and don't play so open has burnley did today.

what was sean dyche thinking playing 3 up top ? he must have known city have been play ok but not scoring so keep it tight for 30 minutes and maybe city will panic and loose there shape and push to hard and leave gap at the back

city will look good after today's win and many will sit up and take note and think city are back in business
but when they watch the game they will see burnley giving city the game and it was a roll over really

city will play better than today and lose. that's not me being crazy or anything its that burnley was shocking and rolled over. the burnley players did not put a challenge in. no strong tackles. no fighting for the ball. no pressing. no dirty stuff trying to unsettle us. they was beaten before kick off

Maharez FFS! wasting opportunities, should've hit a double hat trick. Pep shoulda bench him.

Gundo created just a handful of opportunities and gave the ball away, clarets could've equalised and we was barely five nil.

What was Ederson doing in the touchline, chortle.
What's the thing with KdB and the woodwork?

That baldy lino bent as fuck, saved twice the clarets goalie blushes.

Hello, hello, City are back, City are back

Pep out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.