#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Mossside, i would sell him in an instant. The only reason he gets started consistently is because he is our record buy at £67m. He isnt worth £20 in our team as he simply doesnt suit our style of play. We discussed this before he came to City and I expressed the very same doubts then.
Do you honestly believe Pep selects him because of his price tag, really?

You said you would sell because of inconsistency which is a valid opinion. I simply asked, based on your criteria of consistency, who else would you then sell, as clear as day, we have many inconsistent players atm.
He is the standout player for being inconsistent. I blow very hot and cold over gundog. But he has many more better games than Mahrez. Mahrez isnt a poor player, he was clearly very good at Leicester, he just isnt suited to our style of play, and I think he knows it, when he is having a poor game, its often because he is trying to hard to impress and ends up being greedy. I also dont think Mendy is the player he was when he first joined us. He was always a bit shaky in defence but he had that pace and the amazing first time killer cross into the box everytime, sadly since his injuries he has lacked a bit of pace and rearly crosses like that and his defensive frailities stand out more.

You said you would sell because of inconsistency which is a valid opinion. I simply asked, based on your criteria of consistency, who else would you then sell, as clear as day, we have many inconsistent players atm.
At the moment something just isnt clicking in the team, you are right we do hve many inconsistent players, but Mahrez has always stood out for me as just not suited for us, even when we are playing well.

He is the standout player for being inconsistent. I blow very hot and cold over gundog. But he has many more better games than Mahrez. Mahrez isnt a poor player, he was clearly very good at Leicester, he just isnt suited to our style of play, and I think he knows it, when he is having a poor game, its often because he is trying to hard to impress and ends up being greedy. I also dont think Mendy is the player he was when he first joined us. He was always a bit shaky in defence but he had that pace and the amazing first time killer cross into the box everytime, sadly since his injuries he has lacked a bit of pace and rearly crosses like that and his defensive frailities stand out more.
I'd agree and have said the same that he isn't best suited for us but he is a very capable and extremely gifted player . There will always be players who have periods of inconsistency, but we rarely sell them

He was incredible yesterday. Let's see what he can produce in the next few games and then get rid of that FFS prefix..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.