COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs best pal works at maternity ward at Medway Hospital here in Kent - loads of staff tested positive, loads off isolating , Covid room full to the brim and there is people on beds in the hallways. Very depressing
Jesus christ mate, a grim picture. But appreciate the insight from down there . Tier 3 brethren.

Boris now claiming he will unlock us all in February if his mps agree to pass this continued lockdown 2 through. Lying again.
It’s clear they lied about this lockdown 2 being only for four weeks and was always intended to last until April.
Starter merely has to be seen to be remotely competent and he wins in 4 years
I don't think it was a good idea to put Gove up for interview to tell us all that the hospitals are at risk of being overwhelmed. I can't speak for the whole country but I have relatives working in Accident and Emergency in Birmingham and Manchester and I know this is just untrue. Gove is a pathological liar who thinks we are all stupid. I am not one of the anti-lockdown brigade but you would have to be an idiot to believe anything this government says.

Boris now claiming he will unlock us all in February if his mps agree to pass this continued lockdown 2 through. Lying again.
It’s clear they lied about this lockdown 2 being only for four weeks and was always intended to last until April.

I’m not sure in that, it says MP’s get to vote again on it in Feb if the Gov want to extend (they do) and they should tbh.

Starmers circuit breaker idea clearly wouldnt have worked either, it’s not worked in the devolved administrations they are going back in.

Everyones sick of the lockdown now, reckon Starmer should be opposing it tbh or at least pushing for a losening as the jabs ramp up

Mrs best pal works at maternity ward at Medway Hospital here in Kent - loads of staff tested positive, loads off isolating , Covid room full to the brim and there is people on beds in the hallways. Very depressing
Sad to hear and this levels of staff sickness are part of the reason why it’s too simplistic for some to say that Manchester should be in a lower tier because hospital admissions are falling a bit. The levels of staff sickness (and isolation) are enormous for some hospitals.

That said, Bojo looks like he might extend the Christmas relaxation to head off a Tory backbench rebellion.

That said, Bojo looks like he might extend the Christmas relaxation to head off a Tory backbench rebellion.
That's the problem in a nutshell, if this pandemic is a national emergency then it needed to be tackled with swift decisive action, not pandering to backbench MPs or voters. If Johnson keeps changing his mind we'll be in this mess for all of 2021 as well.

That's the problem in a nutshell, if this pandemic is a national emergency then it needed to be tackled with swift decisive action, not pandering to backbench MPs or voters. If Johnson keeps changing his mind we'll be in this mess for all of 2021 as well.
I agree mate but our Country voted in journalists to run the nation so it’s no surprise that they bend to be popular with colleagues and their voters.

Was always gonna be till April, why did Rishi extend the furlough scheme to the end of March, Bojo has continuously lied through his teeth, all we ask for is honesty and clarity and were getting bullshit after bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.