COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAGE advisor Prof Andrew Hayward told the BBC: “My personal view is we're putting far too much emphasis on having a near-normal Christmas.We know respiratory infections peak in January so throwing fuel on the fire over Christmas can only contribute to this"

Fellow SAGE member Prof John Edmunds told ITV’s Peston: "I think that it would be prudent not to go wild at Christmas quite honestly, so I think that we will have to moderate and have a slightly disappointing Christmas, unfortunately.”

And Prof Gabriel Scally, a member of the unofficial Independent SAGE group, said: “It's no use having a good Christmas if you're burying friends and relations in the new year
People will take part in Christmas regardless.
it is a necessary thing for mental health.
The last time Christmas was cancelled in 1647 it resulted in a major insurrection. This time would be no different.
It SAGE was serious about reducing the impact of Christmas they would be pushing for schools to close 9 days before Christmas - remember, schools are responsible for 29% of current Covid-19 cases. They haven't even suggested this should happen.

Last edited:
People will take part in Christmas regardless.
it is a necessary thing for mental health.
The last time Christmas was cancelled in 1647 it resulted in a major insurrection. This time would be no different.
It SAGE was serious schools would be closed 9 days before Christmas - schools arecresponsible for 29% of Covid-19 cases. They haven't suggested this should happen.
You think schools should close? Surprised you’ve not mentioned it before.

i came home this afternoon from my 8 hour shift.
my mrs very upset and distraught
her friend ,workmate and nurse had died overnight with covid,
took only three weeks from contracting covid on ITU to dying on ITU
42 years old and 2 children

God bless and rest in peace Mirri
Very sad to read. RIP Mirri

i came home this afternoon from my 8 hour shift.
my mrs very upset and distraught
her friend ,workmate and nurse had died overnight with covid,
took only three weeks from contracting covid on ITU to dying on ITU
42 years old and 2 children

God bless and rest in peace Mirri

that’s so sad. What a tragic story. Sorry for the last and your wife.

I see the mixed messaging continues, on the one hand we're being told to be careful if we don't want a "third" wave, and on the other hand it's fine for Santa's grotto (even in tier 3), and carol singing.

Mind boggles.
There’s a rumour around Urmston that Trafford will be kept out of Tier 3. I told my family I think it’s bollox but there seems to be plenty of confusion in some areas.

There’s a rumour around Urmston that Trafford will be kept out of Tier 3. I told my family I think it’s bollox but there seems to be plenty of confusion in some areas.

apparently Trafford were offered tier two and said no??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.