COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if question has already been raised but does anyone know how soon after the vaccine is given does it take effect?
I think the Pfizer one was 14 days after the second dose. Not seen dates for any of the others.

When GM first went into restrictions in the summer the restrictions followed me where I went. So if I'd travelled to London I still had to follow the rules of GM at the time. Is the same not true of the tiers?

The motto was supposed to be 'we are all in this together' - not 'the places someone picks out on a map are but the rest of you are not'. In a pandemic you ought to prioritise national unity not disunity.

They really should have created a war cabinet from day one and decided these things on the basis that viruses will never know they have crossed a border - be it from GM to Cheshire or England to Scotland or Wales.

Very possibly N Ireland and Ireland should have done the same on that island too.

I suspect the rest of the world think prioritising political disunity over a plan for these small islands as one was a very silly error.
It's an interesting point, and I largely agree with you, but I have a German friend through football, who lives close to the border with Holland, and not that far from Belgium, and obviously there are no "borders" in reality.

About 6 -8 weeks ago, the cases in his state in Germany where low, but high in both Belgium and Holland, and cross border shopping is the normal, in fact people even nip across the border for things petrol/diesel even, due to different taxes.

Both countries locked down about the same time, and subsequently their cases fell, but as we know Germany cases have risen, so there is probably a risk of reinfection back into those countries now, so where do you draw the line ?

Germany has a very long land border over 2000 miles, and with 9 different countries, it also has 16 different internal Federal States, all to a degree governed independently, 3 of the states are "City States" within larger states. They've had different rules in place throughout just like we have, I don't know if they have a universal system which would be unlike us, but it's very complicated for large countries with states within, so we are no alone, and europe has "open borders". I don't know if other countries have tried to prevent travel across borders, but I'm pretty sure Germany hasn't, in fact some people will cross the border for work in some areas.

Last 3 days testing pillar 1 & 2 v cases found:

FRI 305, 338 v 15, 871 cases

SAT 283, 963 v 12, 155 cases

SUN 193, 828 v 12, 330 cases

That seems to confirm that yet again the numbers have plummeted over 3 days as they did last two weeks and the true case numbers today might well be getting under reported here as Nicola Sturgeon told us earlier.

Though it is hard to know as a 3000+ drop with 21 K fewer tests then a 180 rise after a 90K drop day to day is hard to make sense out of.

If that is true we have no chance of actual normality this side of mid Summer. As it will be at least April at best estimates before we get to the point of protecting all the vulnerable by vaccination without the month between doses and another 6 weeks. Still that is better than it might have been and who knows they might actually not mess up the vaccination programme like most of us by now probably expect them to do based on past experience.

The six weeks is after the *first* dose, at least for the Oxford/AZ vaccine.

Protocol here, see page 186. My bold.

1. Efficacy of two doses of vaccine where the booster vaccine was a high-dose ChAdOx1 nCoV19. Only participants who received two doses will be included (LD/SD or SD/SD) and only cases occurring more than 14 days after the second vaccine will be included

@denislawsbackheel

Nationally testing fell as follows over those 3 days:

Scotland 21, 494 on Friday (it had fallen two days running to then too from 30,000 five days ago) v 15, 405 Saturday and 7285 yesterday.

No wonder Nicola Sturgeon thought the case data today might be suspect. With less than one quarter of the pillar 1 & 2 tests today than 5 days ago.

Why on earth do these issues compromise such important data so often?

Apparently confirmed that pubs and restaurants, cinemas and sporting venues will be allowed to stop those who refused to have a vaccine from entering - it has been said by the minister in charge.

Better than enforcement. A carrot not a stick.

But near guarantee of fake vaccination certificates becoming the latest scam.

Hope they define a better method than a piece of paper.

Presumably you will need ID to access and be on a computerised list

But someone will find a way to hack that for money too.
A tattoo big V on forehead would be easy to distinguish ??

Wales much less impacted - 5 days ago 14, 564 and last three days 16, 798 v 14, 400 v 12, 669 - so a fall yes. But less drastic.

N Ireland 9516 five days ago and last 3 days 5506 v 4801 v 3602 yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.