COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry not to put a downer on things but given the clowns we have in charge it's one thing that smug tosser "Wancock" announcing this great news and it's another thing to roll this out in full and deliver.

If their roll out of their testing and procurement of PPE is anything to go by I would expect this to be a bumpy ride.
The roll out will involve people with expertise from the annual flu vaccine plus the military, who have a successful track record distributing PPE.

The main issue with PPE was letting stocks deplete and then being faced with unprecedented demand. The vaccines will have a phased distribution which is more doable logistically. There may be the odd hiccup but things are definitely moving in the right direction.

Sorry not to put a downer on things but given the clowns we have in charge it's one thing that smug tosser "Wancock" announcing this great news and it's another thing to roll this out in full and deliver.

If their roll out of their testing and procurement of PPE is anything to go by I would expect this to be a bumpy ride.
I think. in the public's eye, this will be their last chance to redeem themselves. Get this right and their many mistakes will be forgiven. Get this wrong, and it may be the final straw.

The roll out will involve people with expertise from the annual flu vaccine plus the military, who have a successful track record distributing PPE.

The main issue with PPE was letting stocks deplete and then being faced with unprecedented demand. The vaccines will have a phased distribution which is more doable logistically. There may be the odd hiccup but things are definitely moving in the right direction.

The military have been fantastic, always do a great job when called upon.

I do hope you are right. Completely get the PPE is a different kettle of fish but we should all be sceptical over promises made by Wancock.

The government can also forget about seeing this as a major victory and celebrating. I want an inquiry straight away over PPE contracts, handling of the virus during intial phases, going in to lockdown late etc.

Great news to wake up to.

I absolutely despise this saying on social media but in this case I'll make an exception:

"INJECT THIS CONTENT RIGHT INTO MY VEINS!"

So the world will be vaccinated and the masks and distancing will be gone in April, and we've been guaranteed no more lockdowns. Yep, missed that, but it will be nice to get back to normal.
A project as big as this will take longer than April to complete but vaccines for the elderly and vulnerable followed by age criteria immunisation will ensure a degree of normality by Spring, the situation next December will be unrecognisable to the current month. Medical science and the highly talented pacesetters have given us huge hope for the future, something we couldn't have envisaged or contemplated in March, put your sun hat on, we're on the way out of this horrible 2020 year.

There really is no downer on this news, if you think there is it's just your bias against the Gov.

It's been grim beyond measure, but from middle of Jan the first people in the roll out will have had both jabs and be immune, that's fantastic news in anyones book.

Hopefully by the end of March everyone in at risk groups will be fully vaccinated and immune.

No other countries will be in that position.

The government have got lots wrong during this pandemic but I suspect things wouldn't have been hugely different regardless of who was in charge as the UK is a very ill disciplined country. That is something for the politics thread. However, they have done a great job of identifying the best potential vaccines and ensuring the risk was spread by pre ordering different ones. We do a good job of distributing the flu vaccine annually via GP surgeries, pharmacies etc (I had my first ever flu jab recently) so I expect that with the extra resources that will be allotted the mass vaccination programme will be far quicker than many expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.